Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Locksmith
When my coilovers come I'll definitely hit ya up man
yeahh what kind of coilover are you getting? i just found out today, they going to shipp mine out sometime this week.. im been waiting over a month for it, i was on the waiting list.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:47 PM
im down to goo to the cruise!!

Old 04-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by a.datthang.n
yeahh what kind of coilover are you getting? i just found out today, they going to shipp mine out sometime this week.. im been waiting over a month for it, i was on the waiting list.
Most likely I'll be getting the function and form coilovers or buddy club but i haven't placed an order yet, hopefully I'll get them by the end of may

Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Locksmith
Most likely I'll be getting the function and form coilovers or buddy club but i haven't placed an order yet, hopefully I'll get them by the end of may
i think function and form coilovers goo really low i was thinking about getting those but i just went with the stance, you should call thmotorsports, cause when i called they gave me a discount i just told them i heard bout it in the forum, i saved like a hundred dollars

Old 04-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What happened to the last thread? anyways, got a chance to wash my car today and took some new shots at dusk and thought I d share since I've been off the board for a minute

Old 04-21-2010, 12:31 AM
They cleared the chat thread Tevi. Are you sure you want to go any lower Tevi? That driveway looks scary

Old 04-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Peng_I'm currently working on getting a gutter bridge/ramp made so that I can go lower and still make it up and down the driveway easy. Until I find something at a reasonable price, I'll stick with my current ride height.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Just do what I plan....just going to make an H frame w/ to 2x10" boards. Easy to hop out, put it on the driveway, drive it out...pick it back up and be on you're way. There's alllllways a way to get around it if ya REALLY want to ;-)

Old 04-21-2010, 10:13 AM
SOOOOOOOOO... Last night, i got home at about 830 and decided that I'll put on my sways (sounds pretty good so far doesn't it). I started with the rear since i heard that its the harder of the two. i got the stock one out in about 10 to 15 min and thought i should think about what stiffness i want before the install so i spent some time thinking about that (still good so far)...... THEN I go to grab the bushings to grease them and the instructions said to grease the 15-16" bushing for the rear.

WELL... one pair had no writing on em and the other said 1 1/8". I said to myself that the 1 1/8 one is probably for the back since its the smaller of the two and that its a typo since there's "no way" they missed up shipping the wrong bushing. after i greased em, i slip on the bushings and they're F'n way toooo big

So i put the old one back again.

Hotchkis FAIL

Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
i scrape my bumper if i go stright out my driveway, if i go up in a angle i make it.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Cool sad face / WOOT!

Originally Posted by mysticmotion
well crappy i have to work this weekend. Hopefully ill get a schedule swap here soon at work so i don't have to work every weekend n e more and be able to make it out to these things......

On a brighter note on Monday i did a FULL detail minus wax (shhhh) but i made up for it and bought one of those Drill mounted Mothers Power ***** and used the Meguiars PlasticX to buff my headlights back to perfection! I should have taken pix to show the before and after but of course i was lame and too excited i forgot.

Also i did a oil change on Tuesday on my G and my Blazer any my GFs camry and detailed her car and my blazer (which is just by chance for sale 3500 obo!) and troubleshoot my Gs sound system with finding out its not my AMP that is shot it was 1 of my dual coils on my HX2 sub! good thing i had 2 swapped that punk out and POW i got my bass back!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I'v just been busy with school and putting 60 miles on my car in 3 days without having to even leave Fargo.... nice weather=me cruising in the G.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by icefire
i made up for it and bought one of those Drill mounted Mothers Power ***** and used the Meguiars PlasticX to buff my headlights back to perfection! I should have taken pix to show the before and after but of course i was lame and too excited i forgot.
Sweet...I know my brother's Chrysler headlights are in real bad shape so I'll tell him about that stuff.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Hoagie
WELL... one pair had no writing on em and the other said 1 1/8". I said to myself that the 1 1/8 one is probably for the back since its the smaller of the two and that its a typo since there's "no way" they missed up shipping the wrong bushing. after i greased em, i slip on the bushings and they're F'n way toooo big

So i put the old one back again.

Hotchkis FAIL
Sorry to hear man. There's nothing worse than starting a project that you can't complete and needing to undo everything you just did. One of the LEDS I swapped into the turn signals went out and I'm SOOOO not looking forward to changing it back out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread