Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

IL clear bra experiences?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IL clear bra experiences?

has anyone purchased and got a custom install on a clear bra in the chicago-land area? if so, from where, price?, and how was the overall experience?

Also, i'm looking for a tint shop, that does good, quality work. anyone got their ride tinted,, and for how much?

--representin wicker park..
(black on black, prem, nav)

Old 04-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Re: IL clear bra experiences?

Sal_Gxer.. I work down in bloomington a lot, and i found a 3M authorized installer down there. the guy seems pretty knowledgable and cool, i'm having him put on the clear bra (full kit + xpel) and 30% tint on my ride.., kinda expensive, but he's negotiable.. if he does a good job, ill probably try to get him to install my aluminum pedals for free.., anyways, i'm paying $700 for everything (clear bra + install $650, 30% tint all the way around $50)..

he's installing it all on monday (4/21).., soon as he's done, ill post some pics, and let you know how it all worked out..

btw,, here's his site: http://www.glorytoglorycustoms.com

Old 04-30-2003, 08:23 PM

Hey dkni, I work in Wheaton and am looking for a clear bra installer. How did yours go and which parts of the car were done (complete hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors)?

Old 05-01-2003, 09:58 PM

ok, well here's the latest.., the first time he got the bra delivered, it was for the Q45, so he sent it back, and got the g35 bra, but the hood piece wasent long enough.. so, this time, he told them to cut it long, and he's going to custom cut it at his shop.., that'll be sometime next week. the guy i'm working with is pretty cool though, and his manners are good, so i'm not pissed or anything.., anyways, as soon as its on, ill take pics and let you guys know how it all turned out.

Old 05-23-2003, 12:14 PM

Old 06-02-2003, 11:09 AM

Guys,
I am an authorized and certified "clear bra" installer for the chicagoland area. My company is Body-Skins Inc. and I'm located in South Elgin. I am with X-Pel and have just completed a G35 Sedan. The customer opted for the upper hood kit and also returned for a custom bumper kit which had to be developed. The hood kit was factory as seen on X-Pels site but the bumper had to be patterned since his car has an "aerodynamic body kit". Both kits turned out great and I do have pictures incase your interested. If any of might be interested please feel free to email me. btw......I use 3M and Avery-Dennison films.
Thanks,
Rick

Old 07-09-2003, 09:55 AM

Any other experiences with a clear bra install in the Chicago-land area? I'm getting my Coupe on Monday so I'd like to make an appointment ASAP to have one installed.

Old 07-19-2003, 01:41 AM

I can probably work that out for you. There is a good shop in South Elgin and he usually is willing to work the price a bit when there are group buys involved.

RockBlocker.com
Protecting your Investment is our Business