New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

soon to be new owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2007 | 10:08 PM
|
soon to be new owner

hello from alberta everyone!! i've been lurking here for about a week now and since the deal will soon be done i decided to join. anways. we are interested in an 07 g35 sport M6. i was just wondering if there is anything i should be weary about? the dealership we will be purchasing out of is ericksen infiniti nissan which we know all too well(we've purchased 2 murano's from there already) and now it's time to move upscale. we took the sport for a test drive today and we were instantly sold as soon as we left the lot. i've read up about the seat heater issue and the demo model we took for a spin had the same problem still. anyways, i can't wait to get this car. so once again please let me know if there is anything i should know. thanks in advance!!

Old 03-30-2007 | 10:12 PM
Bad Toro
Staff Alumni
Welcome!

The only thing you should worry about is whether you'll be able to keep it under 4000rpms for the first 1200 miles...

Congrats! and don't forget to post pics when you get it.

Old 03-30-2007 | 10:41 PM
Ask them to check the tire pressure before you drive off.
Lots of reports of this not being done, and pressure being very high.

Old 03-30-2007 | 10:48 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the site.

The main thing to watch out for is speeding tickets. Watch the speedo and have fun .

Old 04-06-2007 | 01:54 PM
|
alright one more question about a little quirk. for those who have a manual transmission, do you find that the shifter vibrates excessively. during our test drive i found that the shifter vibrated a heck of alot and was somewhat distracting and felt weird in your hand. could anyone comment on this please.

Old 04-06-2007 | 02:03 PM
Moderation-free
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by jabu
alright one more question about a little quirk. for those who have a manual transmission, do you find that the shifter vibrates excessively. during our test drive i found that the shifter vibrated a heck of alot and was somewhat distracting and felt weird in your hand. could anyone comment on this please.
This is a known comment about the 6MT; many comments about this from owners and car mags.

Old 04-06-2007 | 02:22 PM
Traveling Administrator
Welcome to the forum jabu! It's a fantastic car, and I'm sure you'll have no regrets.

Old 04-06-2007 | 02:28 PM
dont worry about the 6mt, its a known problem throughout the previous years of manual. once you get use to it you'll be fine. you'll love the 6mt but the auto is just as fun to drive too. congrats!

Old 04-06-2007 | 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by jabu
Yes it does compared to other cars.
But it is not bothersome at all ..... I kinda like it because it gives me a "connected" feel.

You will get used to it in your first day of ownership

Old 04-06-2007 | 04:53 PM
|
thanks alot for all the responses guys. i can't wait to get my hands on one.

Old 04-06-2007 | 08:00 PM
Hey, a fellow Edmontonian! Congrats on the purchase. I get mine at the end of the month. How was your experience @ Ericksen? Did they give you a good deal? I too am a bit worried about the seat heater issue and will ask that it be checked before I take posession.

Old 04-09-2007 | 12:38 AM
|
we haven't ordered one yet. we've been dealing with Shane and he's alright considering he's from the nissan side of ericksen and has only been working the infiniti's for a few months. i dispise ericksen's service department. we currently own a murano and everytime we go in to get something fixed, we leave with another thing broken. it's rediculous but that should all change when infiniti finally get's it's own dealership next year. then you'll have infiniti loaner vehicles and all haha. apparently they're are supposed to move out somewhere by edmonton lexus so it'll be a bit of a drive for service when that happens. as for the g, we are still going to test drive the bmw 335i sedan tommorow and see how that stacks up. apparently it's a bit quicker but the interior and exterior look dull compared to the G and it's also more expensive so we'll see. i'll post a comparo when we're through and a final desicion.

Old 04-09-2007 | 03:16 PM
Hey Jabu,

Interesting comments about the service department. I just hope I don't have to go there for a while! As for the new location, if it's in the west end then I will be happy b/c I live there!

Have fun testing the BMW. Personally I test drove the Lexus IS and the BMW but in terms of the overall package the G did it for me. The IS did have an awesome interior though but rather small for 50K+ and the new looks of the BMW aren't doing it for me right now.

Keep us posted.

Old 04-14-2007 | 06:44 PM
Nice to see more Edmontonians here, thats good news that they are moving the Infiniti dealership, they could use a new one like the lexus on 170th, its sooo nice.

Congrats on the new ride.

Old 04-14-2007 | 09:53 PM
|
alright well i'm sorry for the late reply. went to test the 335i sedan both manual and auto. all i have to say is it's an amazing machine. although it dosn't look as slick as the G, the gobs of power it has are absolutely breath taking. the extra torque it has over the g is a huge advantage, and the engine and exhaust sound are intense. so again, it's a toss up. as i mentioned this is my dad's car, and he is now leaning more towards the bimmer even though it's more expensive. the customer relationship a the bmw dealership far exceeds that of the one at the one an only infiniti dealership in edmonton. and the fact that all regular service is included for the first 4 years is a major bonus that evens out the playing feild between the 2 cars. while driving the bimmer, i found that there is actually less road noise and the suspension isn't that harsh surprisingly since the tire are a lower profile than the infiniti's. anyways, a final desicion hasn't yet been made but i'll let you guys know how it turns out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: soon to be new owner