New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New G35 MT-s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
New G35 MT-s

Hi everyone. Just getting my first post in. I've owned this Ivory Pearl S with Premium Package for a little less than two months. I really enjoy this Infinity, the mechanical noises it makes sold me at the dealership. Reminds me of the drive shaft sounds of my brothers 5.0 back in the day. I come from a 02' RSX Type S cammed up with k-pro and all that. Someone ran a red light and plowed it, T-bone style. Damn. Having a tuned up car makes you very selective when shopping for a new car. I had an Acura, so going to say a MazdaSpeed 3 or STI didn't seem like the right direction. I test drove the BMW 335i in coupe and sedan. It was really my front runner until my test drives. This G35 really feels the road the way I like. With 2000 miles on the odo, I took it to the racetrack and pulled 14.1 @ 101 in 80 degree temps, hot lapping. There is room for improvement, but not bad for the first time out. Honestly, it feels faster than that, and that's what counts, right? Well, I look forward to participaing with this enthusiest group, as I am already impressed by the range of topics on these threads. Thomas.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey welcome to the forums. Post up some pics of your ride!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
welcome and enjoy your new Infiniti

Old 07-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07-G35-MT/S
Hi everyone. Just getting my first post in. I've owned this Ivory Pearl S with Premium Package for a little less than two months. I really enjoy this Infinity, the mechanical noises it makes sold me at the dealership. Reminds me of the drive shaft sounds of my brothers 5.0 back in the day. I come from a 02' RSX Type S cammed up with k-pro and all that. Someone ran a red light and plowed it, T-bone style. Damn. Having a tuned up car makes you very selective when shopping for a new car. I had an Acura, so going to say a MazdaSpeed 3 or STI didn't seem like the right direction. I test drove the BMW 335i in coupe and sedan. It was really my front runner until my test drives. This G35 really feels the road the way I like. With 2000 miles on the odo, I took it to the racetrack and pulled 14.1 @ 101 in 80 degree temps, hot lapping. There is room for improvement, but not bad for the first time out. Honestly, it feels faster than that, and that's what counts, right? Well, I look forward to participaing with this enthusiest group, as I am already impressed by the range of topics on these threads. Thomas.
Hey look, someone who enjoys car noises coming from *gasp* a car. I wish more folks had your mindset. I like a little bit of driveline noise from my cars. Not too much mind you, but a little here and there. If I wanted to be completely isolated from my ride I would have bought a Lexus snoozemobile. Gear whine and flywheel chatter FTW.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Hey look, someone who enjoys car noises coming from *gasp* a car. I wish more folks had your mindset. I like a little bit of driveline noise from my cars. Not too much mind you, but a little here and there. If I wanted to be completely isolated from my ride I would have bought a Lexus snoozemobile. Gear whine and flywheel chatter FTW.
^ +1

Just installed my Stillen Cat back and Stillen CAI's today. Sounds euphoric!

Old 07-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by 07-G35-MT/S
I'm with you on this, I love the luxury feel without taking away from the driving experience. I still want to be able to feel the car and hear whats going on when I'm getting on her.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by infinitipearl
^ +1

Just installed my Stillen Cat back and Stillen CAI's today. Sounds euphoric!
So now, take it to the track and see how deep in the 13's it is.