New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

About to Order...HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About to Order...HELP PLEASE

I currently have an '07 M35S but I am about to order an '08 G35 SMT and would appreciate some feed back from you guys. First, how is the back seat for adults.....it looks OK but need to be reassured from actual owners that "real adults" can comfortably sit back there. What was your ordering experience like....I have been told if I order now I should get the car (liquid platinum SMT, all options) early December. I can handle that but want to be assured that they really do arrive close to the times promised. Any advice, comments, recommendations etc that any of you have before I order would be GREATLY appreciated. I love these forums, I have been a member of the CORVETTE forum for 10 years and I look forward to sharing views and opinions with you guys too from now on.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Back seat is just fine for avg. sized adults. Heavy or tall folks it's tight but under 6 foot should be no problems. The seats are also pretty comfortable for back seats. I'd say definately get the G you'll be glad you did. Good luck w/ the ordering, not sure how accurate the delivery dates are.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Yippi-kay-yay motherf*ckr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure the back seat room is smaller than in the M but a couple of my buddies sat in the back on a 2 hour trip we took and said there was plenty of room. I don't know much about the accuracy of the delivery dates as well, got mine of the lot. Good luck and welcome!

PS: can i ask you why are going from M to G? I was thinking of doing the opposite in a year or so. Thanx

Old 08-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Going from M to G because the M is an EXTRAORDINARY luxury car with some sporty features..... I want a SPORTS car with some luxury features. I have no complaints about the M.... it is a wonderful car but it will not satisfy a driving entusiasts.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I think the dealers put in orders around the 1st or 2nd week of the month, and eta for delivery is 90-120 days. I am still waiting for mine -- I probably ordered it after the dealer's normal order date in May. It's been 105+ days and I'm told it will be here the 1st or 2nd week of September. So I'll have waited the full 4 months.

From what I can tell, if you order in time for the dealer's September requests, it's probable the car will be here by December. If you wait till after the 10th of the month or so, your order won't go in till October and you would likely get it in January.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:38 PM
THANKS LATX....that was what I was looking for and you are "living" the experience. I will Probably order tomorrow and have been assured that it would get in their Sept order. Gosh I hate going through this waiting again..... I ordered my Corvette in May and didn't get it until Sept.....I thought I was going to DIE waiting for it..... I am sure in the end it will be worth it...thanks again for your input

Old 08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
ABUDWISER,

Are there no dealers in Tampa, St Pete, or elsewhere in Florida where you can buy a G off the lot? Why do you have to order and wait?

Also, isn't it costing you a bundle to dump the 07 M35 for an 08 G?

Just curious, thanks

Old 08-31-2007, 01:23 AM
Back seat is very comfortable and, with the rear doors opening to over 80 degrees, it is very easy to get in and sit down.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
ABUDWISER -- no problem. And what great timing -- though my sales guy had said he'd tell me when my car was in LA (I'm in the Bay Area) he up and called me 10 minutes ago and said my car is already in his lot and being prepped. So I guess my total wait time, assuming I take delivery of it today, will be 110 days.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Latx....i Am Sooooooooo Jealous!!!!!!! Congrats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.