New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New owner 08 G35X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner 08 G35X

Last month I traded my 07 Acura TL Type S in for a black 08 G35X. Last nite I found this site which reminds me alot of acurazone I used to visit. The main difference is the Acura people seemed to log quite a few less complaints. This site almost makes me sorry I purchased the vehicle; everyone here seems to have issues with this that and the other thing. Maybe Acura owners don't voice their complaints as much I don't know, they seem to be more about bragging on how their TL's are the best cars on the road for the money. I am darn happy I traded, absolutely no buyers remorse.

This much I can tell you after owning my Acura for a year I knew it's flaws well; the biggest one which I just couldn't get over was the mis-aligned sheetmetal. The alignment was godawful and not even close in several spots.
The suspension was ruthless on road imperfections, the vehicle was definitely not as fast as the G35. My G35 can negotiate ramps with less drama at speeds slightly faster than the Acura could. What I do miss is the rock solid confidence at 100mph plus speeds. My G35 I had up to 120 on the open but kind of rough highway and it was scary busy. I didn't feel as though the vehicle was designed to drive at that speed; kind of darty. The Acura would inspire confidence at that speed almost made it feel casual. I very rarely drive at that speed so oh well one of very few drawbacks. I am amazed at the alignment of the panels on the G, they are almost perfect!

Anyone else here convert from Acura?

Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Welcome to the site
Don't worry, most of the complaints are fairly minor around here, and yes there are enough folks complaining about this & that, but I think that's because most of us have set our expectations pretty high for a vehicle that's a terrific bargain for what you're getting.

I've driven plenty of vehicles from Audi A4s to BMW 330s and even an Acura Vigor (back several years). I can say front wheel drivers tend to be a bit less of a handful at higher speeds if you're not really doing a lot of heavy turning. The push of the rear wheels at higher speeds tends to feel less stable than the pull of a front wheel drive (but this is only on milder roads) Try pushing this car (the G) through its' paces on a nice tight winding mountain road and I think you'll really apreciate what the G can do over your TL

Your tires may also have something to do w/ your handling at speed, I believe the X has H-rated tires compared to the other models that have Z rated treads.

Last edited by blnewt; 11-08-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Hey Admin ?????

If you are so quick to move my post as if I have chosen an incorrect area to post it you might want to edit your bb so that the topic correctly reflects the content you want directed to that spot.

You have moved me to new 07 owners, I in fact have a new 08 model. Since you are correcting your users, correct yourself and assign a plus (or something to that effect) next to the 07 so that you are justified in moving threads such as mine.

Thank you

Old 12-03-2007, 12:49 AM
i have converted from acura to infiniti ... even dough i am a huge fan of acura ... had a 2007 acura type s ... i feel the g to be a much better all around car then the acura ... in my opinion i feel that the g35 is alot more faster, safer and looks better then the acura ..... one of the good things about the acura is their amazing navigation system... the best in the industry.. acura is very good at high speeds .... i havent pushed my g over 100mph yet ... waiting to break it in at around 1000 mile mark ...