New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New Owner: Need Advice/Help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner: Need Advice/Help.

Hi everyone,
I recently (yesterday) bought a '08 G35 Journey, while I was psyched about my price negotiation: I think I got bamboozled by signing up for this extended warranty.
The Finance guy at the dealership basically told me that the standard Infiniti warranty isn't like the BMW warranty (my last car) and that it only covers items deemed as manufacturer defects, not wear and tear: obviously, I knew that brake pads, oil, etc isn't covered, but he made it seem like anything could be deemed "wear and tear".
So I ended up getting this package in which he said I had to accept 3 out of 4, I ended up getting all 4. Here's the Breakdown:
Paint-Dent Repair for 5 years: $499
Extended Warranty: 100k or 7 years: $2365 (everything covered)
Tire Assure: Wheels and Tires covered for 3 years: $499
Maintenance (Oil Changes, Tire Rotation, Check-up) for 5 years, 4 times a year: $1140--I wasn't big on this one

I'm thinking this is pretty outrageous. Just wanted to know if this is reasonable or anybody else has experience with this. Can I cancel any of these options and pick them up later? Are they even worth it?? Thanks in advance. I love the car, just hate the purchasing process.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my G35 journey, Prem-Nav and they tried to offer me all that crap. No its not worth it to me. The tire package i have that with my insurance and the paint-dent repair i didnt get. THE only thing I got was GAP insurance and a Zagtak which was $4 added to my payment so i can get the car cleaned as many times as I want and every 6 months i can get it detailed!!!! But to me none of the other stuff was inportant. They just made some money off you!!!! Yes you should be able to cancel all of it if you want but most likely you have like 30 days to do so. The exteneded warrenty you can pick up later if u want or you can buy it cheaper somewhere else

Old 03-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats, kgamin, on your '08 G35 and welcome to the 'Driver site.

If you have any reservations with the final package, I would definitely look into deleting some it, soon.

Enjoy your new G.