New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Finally, my G35 project has arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures b4 the paint shop

Okay, so after waiting around for some parts, the car is done, I am looking around for a best place to paint my car at...
Any opinions on what kind of grille should i get? I want to go with black emblemless.

Attached Thumbnails Finally, my G35 project has arrived-b4-paint1.jpg   Finally, my G35 project has arrived-b4-paint2.jpg   Finally, my G35 project has arrived-b4-paint3.jpg   Finally, my G35 project has arrived-b4-paint4.jpg  
Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Nice!

Looks like you doing a good job there, and way to save some $. Sounds like your getting some good experience, too. Couple of things came to mind reading your posts:

Your smart to carefully choose your paint shop and their warranty. That can save some major headaches. I've saved some money and probably gotten a better result by doing prep work myself in the past, but check with the shop to make sure they'll still warranty the work. Also, a color change is best done with the car stripped, and taking the windshields/grill/headlights (anything that will leave a paint "edge" on the exterior) out is never a bad idea.

Have you made sure the chassis is straight and checked the alignment? Might want to do that before you spend too much time aligning panels and painting.

Oh yeah, 1st post here Been researching a new car, and it looks like I'll be shopping for a used G37S-great forum.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Thx man!
Yeah, i actually just got the car appraised, the car will be dropped off on tuesday and i will have it back in a week... They are going to remove bumpers and paint everything and after that thy are going to blend everything in with the rest of the car
i am getting a warranty on the paint, they are also going to prep my nismo front, since i am not great with body work..
The chasis is good and i just did alignment today, it was actually in a pretty good shape..

Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by mali_mG
Thx man!
Yeah, i actually just got the car appraised, the car will be dropped off on tuesday and i will have it back in a week... They are going to remove bumpers and paint everything and after that thy are going to blend everything in with the rest of the car
i am getting a warranty on the paint, they are also going to prep my nismo front, since i am not great with body work..
The chasis is good and i just did alignment today, it was actually in a pretty good shape..
Glad she's still straight, that'd be a load off my mind Thought you were doing full paint, but if it's in good shape, I guess there's no real need. Just make sure they know your expecting an "un-noticable" match. I've had shops try and get by with some very bad paint matching. Look every inch of the car over before you pay, and inspect it outside in good daylight. Might not be a bad idea to note any chips, dings ect. that aren't getting paint, just so you don't pick up any new ones they'll claim were already there.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, actually the owner of the paint shop is my neighbor so he knows what i am expecting and he will actually make sure that everythin goes flawless, otherwise he will see my "imperfect" paint job everytime he leaves his house... haha
Hes cool, and he loves to airbrush, so if i decide to do any custom things, he is ready for a new project.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
wow, very nicely done.

I have also recently done a rebuild =]

I do not have a before picture only a video, but I have attached the finished product.

Did you have any problems with the Rad Fan not working? I put in a new one and it didnt work. is there a fuse or somekind of relay?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Finally, my G35 project has arrived-3079944_38_full.jpg   Finally, my G35 project has arrived-3079944_44_full.jpg   Finally, my G35 project has arrived-3079944_46_full.jpg  
Old 09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by 03G30Five
wow, very nicely done.

I have also recently done a rebuild =]

I do not have a before picture only a video, but I have attached the finished product.

Did you have any problems with the Rad Fan not working? I put in a new one and it didnt work. is there a fuse or somekind of relay?

Thanks

First of all, your car looks amazing...

I am happy that i am not the only one who had a problem with the Rad. Fan... For some reason, when i first installed it it wouldn't turn or react to anything and i was too scared to let the engine overheat so i would turn the car off the second it started heating up...

Then i was talking to a friend whos a mechanic and he told me that for some reason a lot of new fans, or even when you replace your thermometer do not react to the engine overheating... He advised me to let the engine heat up and see if the fan turn on and i was reluctant to actually try it so i checked all of the fuses and everything else but when i found nothing i tried it and it worked.

After exploring all other options i decided to give it a try, so i let the engine run for a while and after it heated up to about 3/4 the fans started working... Give it a shot, but just remember to be careful because it worked for me and i dont know if it will work for you or if my friend has a good point...

-ps.. sry for a long "story" response...

Old 09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Thumbs up

just wanted to let you know, my fan did work after letting her run. =]
thanks for the advice

Old 09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
just wanted to let you know, my fan did work after letting her run. =]
thanks for the advice

anytime, im glad that it worked for you man.
my g is in the paint shop... cant wait to have it back!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Good job on the build. Can't wait to see pictures of it painted

Old 09-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Picked up the car from the body shop tonight... Here are just couple of pics i took at the gas pump. I am very very satisfied with all of the work the body shop did.
I will post some better pics tom after i detail the car!

Attached Thumbnails Finally, my G35 project has arrived-100_6445.jpg   Finally, my G35 project has arrived-100_6441.jpg   Finally, my G35 project has arrived-100_6443.jpg  
Old 09-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Very nice. Progression time was quick and clean. Nice jpb!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 PM
wow paint came out great. cant wait for next summer to get mine painted.

how did you get temp plates? New York wouldn't give me a plate (transport permit) becuase it was a salvaged car.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
wow paint came out great. cant wait for next summer to get mine painted.

how did you get temp plates? New York wouldn't give me a plate (transport permit) becuase it was a salvaged car.

thx man. I had no issues with getting the temp, i passed my e-check and i am going to get the real plates sometimes this week...

Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW very nice build in such a short amount of time...congrats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Finally, my G35 project has arrived