New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Hello g35driver...new owner here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello g35driver...new owner here

Yesterday i made my purchase of a 2005 Infiniti G35 Pearl White, 6MT, Aero Package, Nav, Tan Interior. 42k miles. Pictures def coming today after i clean her (dealer didnt even have a chance to clean it before i got it )

Now for my plethera of questions for you guys.

My first and biggest issue is the clutch, after the car gets hot the clutch pedal will now come all the way back up from the floor. It will sit about 3 to 4 inches down from all the way up.....but i can pull it up with my foot and it will stay, but when its time for a gear change it happens all over again. Now i know the car needs a new clutch but will getting a new clutch fix that problem or is it unrelated?

Hmm whats next....ah the tranny....second gear is shot but shes still under warrenty. With the car in motion second gear will not enguage without serious grinding. With my previous experiance this would be bad syncros. I know i can get the tranny replaced with the warrenty....anyone have any thoughts on that?

When i said plethera i was serious

Cleaning leather....whats the best way....what to use and such.

Car didnt come with DVD for Nav, can i download one? or do i have to ebay it or go to the dealer.

She didnt come with floor mats either.....anyone know a good website where i can get all weather mats?

Front lip had small crack in the bottom...is it possible to remove the lip by itself without the car looking rediclous while i get it repaired. ( i normaly would just go look myself but im waiting for the wife to leave so i can use the garage )

Ok i think thats enough for now.....oh about me. My name is Andrew, im 24, in the airforce and living in north carolina at the moment. Previsouly owned 90 Celica, 93 300ZX, 02 Lexus IS300. I do most of the minor maintnece (brakes, fluids, plugs, belts) stuff myself and leave the big stuff (timing belts tranny swaps :P ) to the pros.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:12 AM
nevermind about the clutch....search works wonders

Old 05-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Iconalist
Yesterday i made my purchase of a 2005 Infiniti G35 Pearl White, 6MT, Aero Package, Nav, Tan Interior. 42k miles. Pictures def coming today after i clean her (dealer didnt even have a chance to clean it before i got it )
Welcome to the club. Coupe or Sedan?

Hmm whats next....ah the tranny.... I know i can get the tranny replaced with the warrenty....anyone have any thoughts on that?
Take it to the dealer and have it fixed under warranty.

Cleaning leather....whats the best way....what to use and such. Car didnt come with DVD for Nav, can i download one? or do i have to ebay it or go to the dealer. Anyone know a good website where i can get all weather mats?
There's a Tech section with lots of DIY information. You should search there first and use the search feature to find out answers to a lot of your questions. For the mats, there are 2 members here, Tony and Rick from Riverside Infiniti, that you can PM for parts/accessories. Good prices and great to deal with.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:45 AM
coupe

thanks for the info

Old 05-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Congrats on the new car and welcome to 'Driver!

Old 05-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome... but im confused. Why in the world did you buy it if it had all these issues? Did you even test drive it?

The tranny issue should be covered by warranty, the clutch... shoulda had that replaced as part of your deal, your nav disc should have been given to you by the dealer and if they didnt have one, then they should get you one (again) as part of your deal.

Did you attended the car buying brief hosted by the FHC at your base? I know all AF bases provide this service. Im not gonna lie either, sounds like you really should have identified most of this stuff BEFORE you signed on the dotted line. Was it even an infiniti dealer?

Old 05-23-2009, 12:27 PM
No was an independent dealer...and i purchased it as is because the price was right....and mostly because i just wanted the car out of his hands....i tried to talk to him about fixing all the problems i had mentioned to him and he was like "whoa whoa you think i can do all this stuff to this one car and run a dealership at the same time"

Obviously he did not want to deal with fixing things just cutting the price till i was happy. Long story short i got 3.5k knocked off his asking price due to the issues it has. IP G35, Coupe, NAV with 42k for $16.3 sound nice to you....it did to me.

So to answer your question no I didnt need the briefing, everything was identified before a price was slid across the desk.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I see.... well... GL with it. I'd definitely high tail it to your nearest Infinit dealer for that gear problem with the tranny though. Would hate to have to come out of pocket for that kinda crapola. As for the navi, I believe you can actually find the discs on ebay and such. Updated ones too.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:18 PM
hey i got almost an identical of yours! minus the nav lol
later on i'm gonna aftermarket a nav for my g =D

Old 05-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Nice deal. What part of NC are you in?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Im gonna guess he's either at Seymour Johnson AFB (goldboro) or at Pope AFB (fayetteville), since he said hes in the AF.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:59 PM
pictures yay

yes im from the seymour johnson area....er goldsboro i guess....

so after two days of intensive care my baby is ready to see the world. to bad i still need to get the tranny fixed for her to be 100%.

so here we go....

as you can see the seats were retardedly dirty

the gut

wife tried to make a heart with the leather cleaner

and the finished product