New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

considering a 2004 6mt sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
considering a 2004 6mt sedan

hi, you guys may remember me from a thread a few years ago where I was called out on another forum by some fanboy members of your forum for saying a beat an automatic g35 sedan from a roll in my celica gt-s...I don't know what the big deal was about that claim, but then these guys challenged me in a modded g35x on a rainy day and sorta won due to it being wet out and then tied me the 2nd time before we ran out of room and then gloated about it. Anyways, a long time has passed since then, I've been driving an 06 rsx-s for a bit over 3 years, but its getting kind of tiresome and irritating and I've been wanting to get something a bit more relaxing so I came across a 2005 G35 sedan (6 speed) for $13995 with 67k on it and I was wondering if you guys had any input about it? I have a friend who says his 04 was nothing but trouble with a load of silly electrical and tranny problems (radio interference when the rear defrost was on, wouldn't go into 2nd when cold, wiper motors went bad, nav would freeze etc). Consumer reports looked good aside from the brakes(not too worried because I can do brakes myself).

The one i drove seemed nice for the most part, just there was some clicking or chatter(I think is found a thread about that on here but I don't know what the conclusion was) when I let up the clutch and it engaged pretty high(dealer said they would replace it if need be). I feel like I should get a WRX for practicallity, but it just seems so crappy in comparison.

Also is the sedan actually slower then the coupe or is the power output actually the same?

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 08-17-2009 at 03:37 PM.