New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Paralyzed and rockin' my new G coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
First and foremost, welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about your accident. It is troubling to me to hear you say that you will be paralyzed from the chest down for the rest of your life. I don't want to give you false hope, but you don't know that - and neither do the doctors that told you.

I worked for a spinal cord injury recovery center called Project Walk this past summer. I am no longer with them now because I am a full time student. I've witnessed miracles with my own eyes. The problem is that SCI patients are taught to learn with their "disabilities." They are rarely ever sent to rehab. I strongly encourage you to look into some sort of SCI recovery program, such as Project Walk. Our clients come from not only all over the United States, but all over the world - from Australia to Canada to Brazil. We don't promise or guarantee that our clients will walk again, but you will never know until you try. We have some amazing success stories. So many that we even have trainers from other centers all over the world, such as Japan, come to our center to learn about our methods.

I'm currently majoring in physical therapy. Now having worked at Project Walk, I now want to specialize in SCI recovery. The miracles that I have seen have really changed my life...my whole perspective on life is different now.

Here are a couple of videos on Project Walk.

Here is one of many success story videos:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunday-night/.../project-walk/

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunday-night/...atch/14085250/

^^^Doctors gave him a 0% chance of walking, again. But he and his wife refused to believe that and didn't give up. They came to Project Walk from Austrailia to experience a miracle.

^^^there are more, but I'm in the middle of studying for finals right now and don't have the time to find them all. But when I clicked on your thread I had to post something.

Again, I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to TRY! Seriously, PLEASE just call Project Walk for more info. It can't hurt! I know this must sound like some desperate attempt to advertise for Project Walk, but I can assure you that your best interest is in mind. It's just that so many SCI patients are not aware of the therapies out there and they simply learn to live in a wheelchair and don't even try...not because they "give up," but because they don't know that there still IS a CHANCE!

www.projectwalk.org

Last edited by Calvin; 12-13-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story, welcome and much respect, Brian!

Old 12-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
i'm sorry to hear about your accident, some people are just so careless, not talking about you, im talking about the woman that hit you, hopefully she got a nice lawsuit. Good luck with your new car man

Old 12-13-2009, 08:49 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Brian, welcome to the forum. While I am sorry to hear about your accident, I am happy to hear about your new outlook on life. I am very egar to see the system installed in your car and how it turns out.

Danny

Old 12-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow sad story. Sorry to hear that. Can you like drift with the controls?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Amazing story!! I know if that was me I would prolly lock myself in my apartment.. Good luck with the new ride.. Post some pics please..

Old 12-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Its nice to see a fighter who doesn't give up. You deserve my respect for pushing through and continuing to push further. Congrats on the G.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Amazing to see you positive man. You get so much respect from me as well and enjoy your G!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a chance to check out your site; all I can say is wow. You have an amazing outlook on life and you definitely are a strong person; what happened to you would make most of us just not want to get out of bed. So nothing but respect.

I hope you enjoy your G as much as I enjoy mine; it definitely brings a smile to my face everytime I hear that exhaust and open her up on the highway.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Brian,

Your story is truly inspirational to me and I think I speak to for everyone when I say we are glad to have you as a part of this forum.

You definitely need to post pics when you get a chance!

Old 12-14-2009, 07:23 PM
as a fellow rider..it makes me furious to hear what happened. i had a couple close calls myself and i'm a still new rider. people just don't look out for riders and i don't know. like i said i'm furious just reading this. i'm so sorry and your positive attitude really inspires me. i hope your road to recovery will be as successful as it can be

Old 12-24-2009, 01:26 AM
I was wondering where you can get the menox controls I just bought my g this past Friday and I like the look and that they are on the right side.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome!!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Dude, you have to go turbo

Old 12-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Dude i am happy to have you on this forum and if you need any help feel free to contact me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paralyzed and rockin' my new G coupe