New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Paralyzed and rockin' my new G coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the G! There are not many who have as much strength and will as you. Your will to not only live, but to enjoy life, should be an example for others. I will share your story with those I know.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
welcome, enjoy your new car...

also, believe what C says its so possible that you have a chance to walk again, it's crazy doctors put you down like that. The mind and body is very powerful, even more than we know. I am a neuroscience student and the stories I have read and the cases I have seen are quite amazing.

When nerves are severed they will try to grow back and connect to each other. I'm no expert but I do know that the more you try the better chance you will have at regaining any functionality, neural networks become strengthened with practice.

I can imagine if you have any chance, its going to be 10x harder than learning to walk again like you did when you were a baby but if you really try I'm sure you can achieve something (I'm not saying you will be able to walk again.) just know that you have 100% of failing if you never try. You seem optimistic which is good, just don't let things get you down.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
It's good to see you keeping your head up man! Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Premier Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sexyrob
welcome, enjoy your new car...

also, believe what C says its so possible that you have a chance to walk again, it's crazy doctors put you down like that. The mind and body is very powerful, even more than we know. I am a neuroscience student and the stories I have read and the cases I have seen are quite amazing.

When nerves are severed they will try to grow back and connect to each other. I'm no expert but I do know that the more you try the better chance you will have at regaining any functionality, neural networks become strengthened with practice.

I can imagine if you have any chance, its going to be 10x harder than learning to walk again like you did when you were a baby but if you really try I'm sure you can achieve something (I'm not saying you will be able to walk again.) just know that you have 100% of failing if you never try. You seem optimistic which is good, just don't let things get you down.
I will not be giving up anytime soon but it is tough to think I will walk again. My body is still "learning" my new injury and it is acting up more and more each day. So far things are just getting worse. I have some really bad muscle spasms...my legs will just shoot straight out in front of me and shake like crazy. It makes me look fing retarded! Going from a perfectly healthy dude to this is a huge shock. What can I do though? I could only throw a pitty party for so long. Granted I am still pissed off...I still walk in my dreams and then wake up and I can barely roll over. I can't have sex anymore. That is probably the most frustrating thing because I still have a strong sex drive and a hot GF...and can't feel anything!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to the boards. You will enjoy yourself here as well as learn a lot about the Infiniti family. Sorry to hear about your accident. But after reading your link to your website I must congratulate you for your will and determination. You are a very strong willed person. Keep it up

Old 01-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Welcome and enjoy your new ride. I applaud your outlook on life, we're honored to have you here.
Same here, welcome to the boards

Old 01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Premier Member

I had my car modified with hand controls about 3 weeks ago and I love to be able to drive again. I am finally back to work too...man, it feels good to be semi-normal again. I took some pics of the hand controls. Then I figured, what the hell...might as well take a video too to show how they work. I am really satisfied with them. If you've ever seen hand controls in other cars, they usually look a lot messier and out of place. This blends in fairly well...as well as it can. The best part about driving is no one knows I am paralyzed. I am just another guy on the road.

Youtube video:

Last edited by Bkizz; 01-18-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
awesome bro.. now go drive..! glad to hear you still have your head on ur shoulders..my brother got into an accident when he was 19 and he is brain damaged.. he is 42 now.. and one of my buddies just got clipped on his Ducati 1098 in November.. He's still in a Coma with major head trauma.. so..

you are a major inspiration... welcome to the FORUM.!!!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Nice setup, man. $2k isn't bad - I know a lot of guys who have spent more for less functionality, haha!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
"well fck that im not doin it...."

nice vid

Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
The vid was great. Really shows how you don't let things get you down.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing. Best of luck to you! You are an inspiration to many of us here on the boards.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
"everyone told me when i was paralyzed, that i had to drive a minivan so i said **** that. im not doing it."

hell yeah!

Welcome!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome to the club brotha! glad to see that your not letting your accident get in the way of anything! what are your mod plans?

Old 01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
welcome to the club brotha! glad to see that your not letting your accident get in the way of anything! what are your mod plans?
Oh man...mod plans. I have modified every car I have ever had and I always tell myself not to do it again but it's my obsession. It's a little harder now though since I am jello from the chest down. DIY is somewhat out of the question. I can't even get my hood up by myself now that I am in a chair.

So far I have already blown some decent cash and the car still has temp tags. Here we go again. haha I got a 1080 sub box, JL audio 10W6 sub, JL audio 500/1V2 amp, 25mm wheel spacers front and rear, Ipod interface and am having the windows tinted 35% on Saturday. I have to take the car to a guy to install the stereo equipment. Damn it. Oh well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paralyzed and rockin' my new G coupe