New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Paralyzed and rockin' my new G coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow really cool that you never gave up on your hobbies and passions! Great work on getting a sports car fitted for your needs and for getting back on the bike! Amazing story...

I have a few questions if you dont mind sharing with us:

- I do see that you did get back on your bike since you clearly enjoy it immensely, but if a family member or a friend came and said to you they were getting a bike, would you advise against it? How do you feel about it now?

- Also, just curious, what happened to the lady who hit it? Did she get jail time? I can't imagine someone doing this to someone else and just being able to basically get away with it with just an insurance rate hike....then again, im sure most people who cause these accidents never had any intentions of doing so...

Keep up the great work, as you can see your an inspiration to all of us here at G35driver...and nice G by the way!

Old 10-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Man... you are truly an inspiration to many. And your story is just, amazing. As my brother and i have been riding a CBR's 600rr for 4 years now. I've been side swap by a minivan, but luckily came out ok. We always ride full gear, as we both use the bikes as daily drivers. I only use my G on the weekends or when it rains . Any how, pretty cool man, and fvck that minivan hahaha. so how are you able to take sharp turns with the bike?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Premier Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iwant2drift
I have a few questions if you dont mind sharing with us:

- I do see that you did get back on your bike since you clearly enjoy it immensely, but if a family member or a friend came and said to you they were getting a bike, would you advise against it? How do you feel about it now?

- Also, just curious, what happened to the lady who hit it? Did she get jail time? I can't imagine someone doing this to someone else and just being able to basically get away with it with just an insurance rate hike....then again, im sure most people who cause these accidents never had any intentions of doing so...
If a friend showed interest in getting a bike, I wouldn't discourage them from doing it. If I knew the friend was one of those idiots that rides around in a wife beater and flip flops with no helmet...that may be a different story. Just because they choose to ride doesn't mean they will have the same outcome I did.

The lady in the car never actually hit me...in fact I don't think she ever had a clue I was there because she was on her cell phone. When she pulled out, I swerved over to the curb side of the road where there was a bunch of sandy gravel and when I tried to hit my brakes, the front tire washed out and I hit the tree.

Originally Posted by maclovio
Man... you are truly an inspiration to many. And your story is just, amazing. As my brother and i have been riding a CBR's 600rr for 4 years now. I've been side swap by a minivan, but luckily came out ok. We always ride full gear, as we both use the bikes as daily drivers. I only use my G on the weekends or when it rains . Any how, pretty cool man, and fvck that minivan hahaha. so how are you able to take sharp turns with the bike?
I used to only drive when it was raining too. haha Actually sharp turns are easier on a bike than in a car. On a bike I just lean with it to turn so my body still stays in the same position...and most of leaning/turning is countersteering. Since a car turns on a flat plane, inertia wants to pull me left or right. I have been kicking around the idea of installing a 4 point harness to keep my body better planted.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
wow, what a comeback story! Keep up the great work and enjoy the bike and the coupe. That avatar is hilarious....

Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a great story! Way to keep your head up!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Received 190 Likes on 145 Posts
man I had to bump this thread for subscription and to publicly say daum bro, you making us feel lazy! Well Done!

seriously, if I had 4 thumbs they all would be up. man this is what life is all about.

since the G is your first RWD, buy yourself a great LSD and really get that usage of RWD under your belt. I would recommend a small turnable **** on the steerting wheel as you will need one had to turn like crazy and the other to feather the gas, but I have no doubt you can do it.

Hell I will even drive out to Ohio from VA/DC to help you if you want to learn the basics of drifting bro?, but the auto doesnt have LSd. I am a regular on the Ohio Scions, and a good friend is in Columbus which is half way to my home city of St. Louis.

wow, this is impressive. I will spread the word about and your attitude around at work today, we all need to be thankful yet, not scared to keep pushing with what we can do.

Id sleep with that effing helmet everynight... I had a very similar situation on my ZX600RR back in 1999, havent rode since...I switched to boosted RWD lol