New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

SRS Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Jwms
My SRS started flashing last night on my '03 Sedan. After research here and on Infiniti website, I called the dealership to ask about it. Dealership says there is a recall, titled campaign PO 339, and that they will repair it for free. They say it'll take about an hour to an hour and half.
Originally Posted by Jwms
Going to dealer tomorrow am and will let you know the outcome...
FYI your SRS light flashing may or may not be related to the recall, but the good thing is the dealership is doing it for free because it's a recall.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by MJION
Ha, I was wondering about this.... Got the call from infiniti just the other day regarding the recall.

Debating if I am going to take it in.. I previously took my car in for the rear window TBS, screws being too long. They claimed they fixed it, I doubt it as the noise is exactly the same, so my trust is very little. Should I do the SRS recall?
If you never had any SRS warning light on before, I'd say it could wait until your next service at the dealership (if that's where you have your G serviced). It's a recall so doesn't matter when you take it in the dealership has to get it done free of charge.

Funny thing about your little trust in them fixing it - my SRS light never flashed until 2 months after I had the recall done to my car. I had to reset it myself. It's been good ever since.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ray1370
If you never had any SRS warning light on before, I'd say it could wait until your next service at the dealership (if that's where you have your G serviced). It's a recall so doesn't matter when you take it in the dealership has to get it done free of charge.

Funny thing about your little trust in them fixing it - my SRS light never flashed until 2 months after I had the recall done to my car. I had to reset it myself. It's been good ever since.
Since I did the recall, the light flashing. I decided to sale my G35X but with the fuc... light flashing, I can't. So, I replaced 3 parts, one at $1000 and 2 other at $350 each. Infiniti Canada paid half the bill of the parts but I paid for replacement...

Now, I have a Lexus IS250 AWD and is perfect!

So, don't do the recall until the light flash!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealer was quite helpful and this recall fixed my issue. It took about 2 hours; they had to pull both seats out to change some wiring connectors. I was given a loaner car (2011 G-37) and it didn't perform as good as my '03! It was, however, very nice!

Sales people REALLY wanted me to buy the M-35H on the showroom, as it was the last day of the month and they were hungry! Sticker at $62?; I think not!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Good to know all...... I will wait until the light flashes.

I never service at the dealer so it would be me going out of the way to take it in just for the recall. From what I have read no need really unless my light is flashing...

Old 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
funny thing about that SRS recall....... you don't really know if you're air bag needs it until you slam into something, good luck....

Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by MJION
Good to know all...... I will wait until the light flashes.
I never service at the dealer so it would be me going out of the way to take it in just for the recall. From what I have read no need really unless my light is flashing...
Why not....^....it's a freebe? I only go to the stealership for warranty work, but I'm first in line for recalls! Just don't let them wash your G if you do....Gary