New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New member in Idaho/Oregon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
New member in Idaho/Oregon

Hey I bought Hitech's G35 Coupe, and finally got it last week. Honestly my first few miles in it not the best...... Great car, but this experience was SO bad it needs to be shared!!!!

I got the car off the trailer, drove it for a few miles and LOVED IT!!!! Well my wife and I needed to drive about an hour away to drop someone off, and since it was around 9PM we decided to eat at Taco Bell. I have driven the car about 8 miles and on the way our the clutch line BLEW UP. Literally it BLEW!!!!!

Well at the time clutch fluid is pooling out on the pavement. Thankfully security pulled up near the place I was at (10:30PM) at this time. My phone dies and my wives phone is in the red. The town where we need to drop someone off at is an hour and a half away. So my wife leaves and I decide to call AAA. Well AAA is in my wives name. They proceed to tell me that they will not dispatch until she gets back and calls. (Remember im now on my wives phone because mine died and she is driving off.) O and P.S. its 20 degrees outside. Well Security proceeds to tell me that I am broken down at a governmental weapon building and design facility, (I thought it was an office complex) and they didnt believe that I just "broke down". They think im going to be stealing intel and such things, and ask for my registration. Well I have a temp. registration so I give them that. So all the while im only 1/2 paying attention to them because im trying to start my car in first and just drive without a clutch and all that jazz. I end up killing my battery, and my wives phone dies. So now I have a dead car battery, car that wont move, and both phones are dead, and im broken down at a government base push me out of the middle of the road into a parking lot.... GREAT 1 good thing!!!!!

FAST FORWARD UNTIL 2:30AM

DURING THIS 4 HOUR GAP I REMOVED THE FRONT BUMPER SINCE THE CAR HAS A 2.5"DROP

My wife gets back, its now ten degrees outside and we run inside to call AAA. I have gone through 4 sets of security guards. Well, We call AAA and they say they are on their way. The security guard proceeds to tell me that if AAA does not show up in 30 minutes they are calling the Cops to come and they will tow it. Well AAA tells the tow company the wrong address. So I get a call ad 3AM Asking our address. 3:15AM P.D. Shows up saying that they had a report of a STOLEN CAR. THE CAR I HAVE BEEN STANDING BY FOR 5 HOURS NOW IS STOLEN SERIOUSLY!!!! P.D. was actually really nice about it and ended up leaving once AAA showed up with the wrong type of truck. So at 4AM the right truck shows up and FINALLY WE ARE ON OUR WAY!!! I have it towed to AAMCO which said it would be open at 7AM saturday and this should be over!!!!!!

WE STAYED AT A HILTON for 50 dollars a night right next to the AAMCO.

7:15AM Saturday morning I go to the AAMCO to get my car pulled in and end this ordeal. The door is LOCKED. They are not open. SERIOUSLY?????? So I call AAMCO and talk to the owner they tell me they are closed 1 saturday each month and this is it. SERIOUS ANYTHING ELSE WANT TO GO WRONG??? Well They tell me there is a Midas down the street and if I can get the car there we are good to go. So I call AAA again get the car to Midas, and they have a clutch line MADE. Yes MADE! I told them I had a Medal braided line sitting at home, so I just need a quick fix. So I can get on the road and drive my 4 hours home. Well Clutch line goes in, everything is FINE!!!! YEA!!!!!!!

SUNDAY

On Sunday we drive home and all is well I put my Medal Clutch line in and now everything is GREAT!!!!! That is my story! Things I have done so far is tint the windows and build a custom trunk setup.

Here is my winter setup....

In the future is a complete interior restoration. I will be painting the interior parts from red to ????????? And switching the seats and steering wheel out AND well just stay tuned. Anywho Im here haha!!!!!

Old 02-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
That sounds like one big headache

At least everything remotely worked out in the end...

Now just enjoy the car!

Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
What a story! Sorry that happen to you. That really sucks. What military base was it? Well, now that's all over now you should be able to enjoy driving your car and have fun with it.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
What a story! Sorry that happen to you. That really sucks. What military base was it? Well, now that's all over now you should be able to enjoy driving your car and have fun with it.
The funny thing is it was not a base at all it looked like an office complex, and it was in Salt Lake City. All is well though. Car is GREAT!!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Funny too how the security told the police the car was stolen to get them to the location faster. lol. That's how i am seeing it. But glad the G is running great!

Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Take care of my baby...it looks even more aggressive with the tint!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
I will do my best.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:17 AM
How do you like that bar in the trunk?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 AM
To be completely honest I dont know the difference. This is the first RWD car with this much power I have EVER DD. I have driven a RWD car in my life but not one like this. So I dont really know the difference. I built the box around it so I think I will be leaving it in.