New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Picked up a 05 6mt (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Shawn, can you take a picture from directly behind the car at sort of bumper-level, so we can see the stance after installing the 25mm spacers? I want to see how far out the wheels look, or if they just look normal.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
If your gona spend $250 on spacers I would just save that money for more aggressive wheels

Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Wi-Z_Sam
If your gona spend $250 on spacers I would just save that money for more aggressive wheels
You may have a point.
What do you mean by "more aggressive" wheels? Lower offset or something else?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No brembos huh??

Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrildo
No brembos huh??
Nah..tge brembos suck compared to the new revised brakes in the 05+

Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Wi-Z_Sam
I would spend the $$ to get new wheels but I got tyese 37s brand new with brand new tires for free..debt owed to me from a cousin.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Aggressive I mean wider wheels and lower offsets
As far as the brakes go the 03 and 04 have the best factory 05+ is the worst for sedans

Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Not sure if that goes for coupes too...

Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by SoloScott
Hey Shawn, can you take a picture from directly behind the car at sort of bumper-level, so we can see the stance after installing the 25mm spacers? I want to see how far out the wheels look, or if they just look normal.
I got u dont worry. I took some pics just now, ill upload them tonight. Just a heads up to u tho. When I rolled the fenders it kinda pulled the fenders out a bit so the wheels r gonna look like they have more the. Usual gap than with a unrolled fender/g37s/25mm spacers

Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Also I baught the spacers for cheap on the forums. So if ur looking for a set, keep an eye out in the market place.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Yea man..with the coupes they improved the rotor size n caliper design. My friend has a 04 coupe with the brembos n they dont stop anywhere near as soon as the 05..maby its diff In the sedans tho.But they do look sexy tho. But good thing I have a coupe

Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks Shawn.

I am second-guessing my choice to go with the G37 wheels on the G35. I like them, but... So far, I have paid - $450 for wheels and tires (one tire is badly curbed - 3 wheels were found to be slashed once I got air in them; yeah, the seller told me all tires were good), $250 for TPMS sensors installed, and $150 for OEM lug nuts and wheel locks. The $250 for TPMS sensors was going to be needed anyways, so I'm at $600. If I get spacers, I'll be at $830 and then I need tires for $1,000, mounted/balanced/etc. The aftermarket wheels I wanted HERE were only $934 shipped.

I'm not sure if I should go through with buying the wheels spacers now. If I want to sell, I think those will be the hardest to re-coup my money on.

Are there potential problems with using wheel spacers? Sticking the wheels out farther than they were engineered to be seems like it could add wheel wobble or balancing issues, or ... something. Experts?

Old 03-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks Shawn.

I am second-guessing my choice to go with the G37 wheels on the G35. I like them, but... So far, I have paid - $450 for wheels and tires (one tire is badly curbed - 3 wheels were found to be slashed once I got air in them; yeah, the seller told me all tires were good), $250 for TPMS sensors installed, and $150 for OEM lug nuts and wheel locks. The $250 for TPMS sensors was going to be needed anyways, so I'm at $600. If I get spacers, I'll be at $830 and then I need tires for $1,000, mounted/balanced/etc. The aftermarket wheels I wanted HERE were only $934 shipped.

I'm not sure if I should go through with buying the wheels spacers now. If I want to sell, I think those will be the hardest to re-coup my money on.

Are there potential problems with using wheel spacers? Sticking the wheels out farther than they were engineered to be seems like it could add wheel wobble or balancing issues, or ... something. Experts?

Well scott..hears what i can tell you..First things first, Before you buy any kind of mod. For you car. Do some research about the item before you go blindly and purchase it. If you dont know much about wheels as in what to look/check for when youre buying them from a private seller...ask someone who does have some knowledge on it to maybe take a ride with you to go and check them out. A dead give away was there were no air in the tires when you went to see them.
Secondly, My opinion on you proceeding further with investing ur time and money into these wheels is to just sell them. If it were in MY case, I work in a shop. I have access to change tpms..balance..align..ect. I could easily send the wheels ou to get powder coated. But sice youre not able to have full access to those equipment just get rid of them. The G37 type S 19s looks amazing. Im sure Someone will be willing to take them off your hands. As far as wheel spacers goes. And your question about wobble and balancing issues. Just read my post man..I clearly state that they dont wobble..vibrate..shake..nothing. Smooth ride. Also What you pay for is what you get. Theres a SEARCH bar up top for a reason, lol. If you do decide to buy wheel spacers i recommend you get Hub centric wheel spacers with the pressed in studs..not Lug centric. Do a search on those two also.
I hope you take no offence in regards to this response for you. Im not trying to be a dick in anyway just trying to be honest help you and anyone else that has similar questions like urs. Once again..hope this helps. Good luck.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Are there potential problems with using wheel spacers? Sticking the wheels out farther than they were engineered to be seems like it could add wheel wobble or balancing issues, or ... something.
No. Get the proper sized studs or spacers like mentioned above and you'll be fine.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey Shawn. Thanks. Definitely no offense taken

There was no air in the tires because the guy kept the factory TPMS sensors and valve stems. I thought that was a good reason for there to be no air in the tires. Also, I knew about the curbed wheel, but I figured the price was reasonable. That is not a complaint of mine; only the slashed tires. The guys at the garage couldn't tell that the tires had been cut until they were full of air either.

Regarding the research before buying stuff, I do that However, I couldn't find spacers that would fit the G35 for a while. I made the assumption that most of the wheel spacers for other cars were priced about the same as those for our cars. I was wrong, our wheel spacers are almost 2 times the cost. Don't mistake me for the guy who buys everything that is shiny for his car

I'm still not sure which way I will go. I do like these wheels a lot. Is there a performance advantage in buying the aftermarket wheels I linked above? Are factory wheels, like the G37s that I have, generally stronger than light weight aftermarket wheels?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up a 05 6mt (pic heavy)