New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Bought myself a G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2013 | 08:57 PM
nice sedan...looking to get into my first g as well...hopefully sooner than later

Old 04-16-2013 | 09:02 PM
dang.. my 2k3 must be worth $5k then..

Old 04-22-2013 | 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by KevMaster
Thanks....
Here is the picture, no mods just a raw car....

Aiming on mods for...
1) Halo headlights
2) Lowering springs
3) Spoiler
4) After market rotors/pads, may try newer years setup if fits
5) Double din NAV setup

Pending on how money comes handy to throw in.
Nice buy man! I just bought my '04 sedan the other week for that same price and color too! Mine had 104'000 miles and came with OEM sport suspension, OEM Nav and OEM spoiler. It also has that new car smell. The very first thing I want to do is paint the lower black plastic moldings, they make the car look cheap.

It's my first RWD car and I already crashed it into a curb while making a turn in the rain. Caused over 6k worth of damage.... I just thought I could ride out the bald tires until winter. Anyway I learned that the traction control system or what ever computer system that keeps our cars in control isn't that great.

Other than that they're incredibly built cars!

Old 04-22-2013 | 03:54 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
^^Seriously??

No traction control system should be expected to keep a car with bald tires in the winter stable. You have a lot to learn about cars grasshopper.....

Old 04-22-2013 | 09:10 PM
Yeah! Vdc has saved me a few times in the rain(vegas roads are super slick when wet) i dont however drive with bald tires

Old 04-23-2013 | 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
^^Seriously??

No traction control system should be expected to keep a car with bald tires in the winter stable. You have a lot to learn about cars grasshopper.....
What I meant was I thought I could ride out the bald tires through the summer until winter. The night of the crash was actually window down drivable, the rain had just stopped and the roads were just wet.

Anyway prior to the crash I decided to turn the traction control off and test and find the limits of the car and also see how well it drifts in the rain, it actually drifts and handles quite well. What I should have done was ALSO test and find the limits of of the car with the traction control ON.

So after only 5 minutes of playing around with it off I said alright that's enough and turned it back on for a calm drive home. Then I get a call from work saying that I'm supposed to be working tonight so I must have read the schedule wrong and I started rushing to work.

I made a simple left turn on a 2 lane road and the back end of the car came around so I let off the gas and it was still sliding, I also looked down at the dash and no lights or anything came on, I counter steered to avoid spinning out and I was going straight for the curb so I slammed on the brakes which locked the wheels up (ABS did not come on) giving the car no chance to straighten out so I let off the brakes and the car continued to slide and then I hit the curb.

This happened at approx. 1am, there were no other cars on that road so what I should have just done was let it spin out rather than counter steering. I noticed the traction control system reacts very late anyway but I just thought the car also had another system VDC I think it's called which brakes individual wheels to keep the car straight.

What an expensive price to pay for a lesson to be learned

Old 04-27-2013 | 07:19 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by gary c
You're right at the mileage where Nissan recommends total fluid change....everything. You have a clean sedan, Congratulations! Before you jump on the mod wagon like lowering, do some research on the cost of doing it right. We have DIY vids on everything you need to do.

Atharyn, you may be better off replacing the window motor than messin with it. You don't need to get stuck somewhere and the window not go up. Have a brake shop check out your rotors, noise could be everything from pads to bearings. We don't want to hear you lost a wheel!
Gary
Guys i tried replacing the brushes from a forum i read, worked perfectly instead of paying $200 for a new motor i just paid $8 for new pair if brushes..