New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Back Again G Owner (A bit of a story)

Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back Again G Owner (New Pics!)

Sup everyone. I am a previous owner of a new 08 G37 Coupe which I leased for 3 years (so technically I didn't really own it). After that I became an Infiniti lover and switched to an FX35 (3 kids). Kept that for a year and went green with a Camry Hybrid which I love because of my 54 miles a day commute in stop and go traffic here in the DMV (DC, Maryland, VA) area.

But after some thought, I finally decided, with the blessing from the wife of course, to purchase a used 04 G35 Coupe 6MT as my 2nd car to drive on Friday's and on weekends. I swear, this car and I were meant to be together. I just started to shop around this past week, looked around dealerships, Carmax, Craigslist even, etc. I only visited Carmax and was actually looking at a couple of 350Z's. My heart was with an Infiniti though and really, Carmax is a ripoff. I decided to wait and even thought of not getting a 2nd car. Well, that thought quickly went away when I received my weekly email from the same Infiniti dealership I bought my previous cars from. It was their 12 Used Car Specials email and 1 and only 1 of them was a G35.

1 previous owner, 67542 miles, premium wheels, brembro brakes, spoiler, etc. Clean Carfax report with a sticker price of $15,500. Got it out the door for $16K. Some of you may think that's too much. Well, compared to other dealers and especially Carmax, I believe I got a steal.

Anyway, I joined this site because quite honestly, I'm a noob with...everything. Re-learning to the drive a stick again and would like to learn more about cars in general. I plan to add some mods to my G like a body kit, wheels, and some interior mods like replacing the standard stereo it has which is the Bose system.

Sorry for the long post but as you can see, I'm excited that I finally got my toy back to go along with my fuel efficient everyday ride. As usual for this site, I will listen to and appreciate any suggestions with mods, tweaks, etc.

Attached Thumbnails Back Again G Owner (A bit of a story)-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Same Ol' G; 06-04-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Posting New Pics
Old 05-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
That is a bit much but I'm glad that you saw the light! Welcome back. now start hooking it up to breathe better and fart better!

Old 05-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
Congrats....

Old 05-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! I used to have that same car. IMHO the OEM 19" Rays look great with the Brembos.

The following users liked this post:
Same Ol' G (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Todd404
Congrats! I used to have that same car. IMHO the OEM 19" Rays look great with the Brembos.
I'm actually leaning towards keeping them on. They do look great!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:32 PM
A couple of new shots of my ride. Looking at this, I'm not sure I even wanna do any aftermarket mods for it. Maybe an intake.

Attached Thumbnails Back Again G Owner (A bit of a story)-gina.jpg  
Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Nice ride! I'm in the DMV as well. Congrats on the purchase! What area are you in?

Old 05-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by the93owner
Nice ride! I'm in the DMV as well. Congrats on the purchase! What area are you in?
Thanks! I'm in PW County but work around Alexandria. I see you at Montgomery. Any G clubs in our area or just people that meet to show off their rides?

Old 05-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Same Ol' G
Thanks! I'm in PW County but work around Alexandria. I see you at Montgomery. Any G clubs in our area or just people that meet to show off their rides?
Yep! National G Club is the G club of the DMV and they have regular meets Mondays at Tysons Corner and Thursdays at Rockville. Check the National G Club sub-forum for a lot more events and meets. I'm going to start making an effort to go to these a lot more often. Hope to see you there!

https://g35driver.com/forums/nationalgclub-133/

Same Ol' G (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Yep! National G Club is the G club of the DMV and they have regular meets Mondays at Tysons Corner and Thursdays at Rockville. Check the National G Club sub-forum for a lot more events and meets. I'm going to start making an effort to go to these a lot more often. Hope to see you there!

https://g35driver.com/forums/nationalgclub-133/
Aite good look! I will def have to make a meet one day.

Hey you think I should get a tint or leave it as is?

Old 05-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Aite good look! I will def have to make a meet one day.

Hey you think I should get a tint or leave it as is?
I think you should definitely get a tint. I'm actually going to get one on my car which is nearly the same setup as yours (same color & wheels) but I haven't had time lately to bring it in. I think it looks a hell of a lot better with a tint if with nothing else. If you're going to bring it in for a tint and maybe know a place with a good deal, hit me up and I might tag along with you.

Same Ol' G (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 01:13 AM
I think you should definitely get a tint. I'm actually going to get one on my car which is nearly the same setup as yours (same color & wheels) but I haven't had time lately to bring it in. I think it looks a hell of a lot better with a tint if with nothing else. If you're going to bring it in for a tint and maybe know a place with a good deal, hit me up and I might tag along with you.
Yeah I'm leaning towards doing it. I've already called Quality Tire in Woodbridge and they said $165. I'm hoping to get a discount by dropping a friends name that referred me to QT before. If you're down, I might go this Saturday early when they open at 930 am. It's first come first serve on Saturdays so I might roll up there at 830.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Yeah I'm leaning towards doing it. I've already called Quality Tire in Woodbridge and they said $165. I'm hoping to get a discount by dropping a friends name that referred me to QT before. If you're down, I might go this Saturday early when they open at 930 am. It's first come first serve on Saturdays so I might roll up there at 830.
Man that's a bit far from my area! I might have to pass, but let me know how it goes!

Old 05-30-2013, 10:30 PM
So my first upgrade will be my wheels/tires. Getting 20" Vossen CV3's installed. The pic I attached is from the Vossen site. I want my G dropped but not as low as in this pic. Props to GZILLA for helping a noob out

Attached Thumbnails Back Again G Owner (A bit of a story)-cv3.jpg  
Old 06-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Received 190 Likes on 145 Posts
Bish already on VOSSEN on 30 day tags...

I HATE YOU!

welcome to the family, I hope you see how being respectful and networking can get you shizzil done even late on a Saturday afternoon at 3 shops!

LOL

Car looks just like the pic minus the drop now!

Same Ol' G (06-03-2013)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back Again G Owner (A bit of a story)