New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2013 | 06:19 PM
|
New to the forum

Hi all.

I'm a first time G owner. After admiring the beautiful lines of the G for years, I finally bought one. It's a 2005 6MT coupe with the sport package. Silver with a black interior.

I am about to convert it to flex-fuel so that I can run E85, but still be able to put gas in the tank if I'm out of range of an E85 station. This is going to be a bit complicated, including an ethanol content sensor, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and a Haltech ECU. Oh, and a Vortech supercharger, of course...

Luckily, Rob at Z Car Garage will be handling the install and tuning. I just ordered parts.

I haven't looked around this site too much, but if there's a tech specific part of the forum, I'll post info on the conversion there, if anyone's interested.

Right now, I've run a 14.61 quarter mile at Sonoma Raceway on gas, with just intake and exhaust mods and some tuning. Let's see how much that changes with a blower and E85...

Erik

Old 08-17-2013 | 06:24 PM
|
Forgot to mention that I'm in the SF Bay Area, California.

Also, I installed a KP technologies memory module, connected to my VDC switch. It's great, as the stock traction control is so sensitive that it cuts power drastically at the first sign of wheelspin. Now it stays off unless I want it on, instead of having to turn it off everytime I start the car.

Old 08-17-2013 | 06:27 PM
Hold The Line
Premier Member
Welcome to it. Excited to see your progress