New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

new here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new here!

Hey guys hope all is well, glad i joined the g35 community. I am in the looks of getting one in the next week or two, will post pictures once i get it. I'm very excited. I've owned a cobra, a gt, and a s2000, and I've heard nothing but great things about the G35. I literally love everything about the car. Cheers!

Old 09-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Good to hear you've heard nothing but good things about the G35.

Because nobody else here can say the same.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Lol and why is that?

Old 09-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things. The G requires a lot of maintenance. Much more than any other cars I have owned or anyone else that I know. My cousin got rid of this G35 3 years ago because of all the problems.

And yeah, my 2007 G35 Coupe has been at the dealership a ton of time. Good thing I have extended warranty.

Things to look out for:

* Warped valve cover : Cost $700+ to replace or buy your own at about $185 each. Causes oil to pool on your plugs. Very genius design that uses no silicone gasket to seal the plugs. Instead, it uses a built in plastic POS gasket that cannot be removed. So entire valve cover needs to be replaced.

* Cracked Compression rod bushings. Original Rods were out of spec. You should replace the entire rods with the new revised unit.

* Rear Subframe bushing leaking fluid. Cost: $1200 - 2000 to replace entire subframe. Or, buy an aftermarket solid bushing. PITA to do it yourself. What genius decided to fill the bushing with oil?

* Window motor. These thing breaks constantly. Very cheaply made. No other freaking car I have owned has this issue.

* Tires wear out quick. Expect them to last 17k miles under normal driving condition. If you drive like an azz. You'll get less out of em. 19's are expensive.

Those are my own experience with the car. Other people have had other things go wrong. Door lock mechanism, seat rails cracking, vinyl seal tearing, etc etc.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:13 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
lol at all the hate here. Every car has it's little issues and the G is no different. I have 119K on the clock and I've spent $600 in repairs other than normal routine maintenance including fluid changes, belts etc. I've replaced both lower control arms and both lower ball joints and that's it. Also, I got 40K miles out of my last set of tires and I'm dropped 3" so IMHO it's unfair to label the G a trouble car. Just my .02..........

Old 09-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Talking I love my "G"

I have an 05 OB coupe and I have 6 words to say about owning it. Love it, love it, love it. The fact that tires are expensive for these cars is not the fault of the car. Mine just hit 117,000 plus miles a few days ago. I do all the repair work myself, this allows me to learn every little quirk about the car, so far I've found nothing to complain about. I'm going to drive until the wheels fall off and at the same time do my part in taking care of one the BEST cars I've owned.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Welcome to Driver, hope you find the car you're looking for! Just search for the newest model with the lowest mileage you can afford, you'll be fine. Have you checked our Marketplace for a G35? Members that love what they drive would be someone I'd recommend buying a car from....Gary

Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, I"ve just always loved the G's, and I owned to mustangs so im not new to problems lol, but I have a family friend who is on the hunt for my car, will keep you updated. Do many people here mod them, cause I'm sure i will down the road, but will need some advice for the right set-up!

Old 09-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Yes people mod the car.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...er-thread.html

/posting about mods ever again.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by weiizy81
Do many people here mod them
Think about what you just said.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
lol at all the hate here. Every car has it's little issues and the G is no different. I have 119K on the clock and I've spent $600 in repairs other than normal routine maintenance including fluid changes, belts etc. I've replaced both lower control arms and both lower ball joints and that's it. Also, I got 40K miles out of my last set of tires and I'm dropped 3" so IMHO it's unfair to label the G a trouble car. Just my .02..........

lol always like your posts and love how you shut down Gstuart. If you don't like the G why would you lurk in the forums and flame bad info. If all that is true (which i doubt) he had a lemon or made a horribly uneducated purchase and can't really speak for everyone....

Posted from G35driver.com App for Android

Old 09-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm a new recent owner myself and could not think about living without my G. Take care of your G and she should take care of you.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Gold2006G
lol always like your posts and love how you shut down Gstuart. If you don't like the G why would you lurk in the forums and flame bad info. If all that is true (which i doubt) he had a lemon or made a horribly uneducated purchase and can't really speak for everyone....

Posted from G35driver.com App for Android
Thanks man, I just tell it like I see it.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
LOL, you drive a Sedan. Don't compare it to a coupe.

And every car does not have it's problem. Every car requires some maintenance but the G35 requires a lot more because of the workmanship and the type of parts used.

I don't see any other car using plastic valve covers like Nissan. Who else puts fluid in their bushings?

And there is no way in hell everyone here is getting 40k on their tires. You mean to tell me that our G35 coupe should get better tire wear than a Honda Civic? Our cars including the 350Z has alignment issues. Which is why Nissan issued a recall or TSB on the excessive tire wear on the 350z.

What's next are you going to claim that our cars get 25mpg city?

And no I don't have a lemon. All the problems I've had on the G is pretty much standard problems.

If you never had any of the issues I've have, good for you. But I bet money it's because you didn't check. Your compression rod bushings are probably cracked and your rear differential seals are probably leaking oil.

Of course you can still drive on them, but I prefer to take car of my car. Which is why I fix every problem it has.

And a lemon refers to having the same problem fixed over and over again in a short period of time. Not a different new problem.

I didn't say I hate my G. I'm just informing the potential customers on their purchase.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.