New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New to the scene

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the scene

Greetings!

I've owned my 2004 G35 Coupe AT for a little over 4 years now, and always had this pipe dream of working on it. However, I have little to no working knowledge of my car, let alone any car. Just wanted to see if I can pick your guys' brains for good parts, and study up on how I would go about doing things I want to do to the car. It's 11 years old with 105k miles on it, so I want to start getting it in to shape to keep it for as long as I can because these cars are just too awesome to let go of! It's an automatic, so I know I am limited in the things I can actually do to the car, and the power the transmission can handle, but I would like to explore some, or all of the following:
- Exhaust
- Intake
- Catalytic Converters
- Wheels and tires (especially picky about this one)
- Suspension
- Brakes
- Possibly some body upgrades (both cosmetic and functional)
- Possible torque converter mod or upgrade
- Headers
- Pulleys
- Tune up
- Plenum spacer (if it is indeed as effective as I've heard it is)
- New headlights
- New cooling system, if needed
- Possibly light FI system, if it can handle it
- Anything else you guys might have to offer in the way of advice to go with what I've listed (or perhaps I'll cross some things off of my list if they're just gimmicky and not real upgrades).

I look forward to any thoughts you guys have, and getting to know fellow G owners. It really is a way of life. I want to finally get into my car and do something with it, so it doesn't just rust and fall apart before I get to full enjoy it! Thanks in advance!

Old 03-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Not to be diçk but search, there is a ton of info on this forum. If you aren't familiar with how to search this forum, use this in your search bar of your web browser

"site:g35driver.com exhaust"

Then once you have a list of parts come back

Last edited by Hogbone; 03-30-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Judging by the inclusion of plenum spacer in your list it would seem you've already done some exploring on the forum. Keep doing that. There aren't many questions that haven't been asked already. There's an insane amount of information here.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where I'm at right now

So, I have been doing research for some time, not necessarily just on this forum, but more in general. Looking at parts stores, etc. I have found that I kinda like the borla line of exhaust and headers, for the look and the sound, but I need opinions on things like sound and look since everything I got to experience was on youtube, which sucks for listening to car exhaust. And, I would like to see if anyone has real numbers for any gains they've gotten out of it. I'll continue to explore the forums and whatnot, but so far, my search for "exhaust" has come up short on here, I'll try reformatting in the way that you guys said was proper.

Thanks again for the help and advice!

Old 03-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.