New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New user here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New user here

Was in the honda scene for awhile, decided to go nissan and am very pleased so far. Had the car about a week now and already got a list a mile long of mods in mind. Hoping this forum will offer good guidance in my build.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
Welcome. Check my threads for simple and affordable mods.

The following 2 users liked this post by SxExCx:
SIKKI (07-11-2015), Urbanengineer (07-11-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome! You made the right choice switching to the G. This site is full of great people with tons of knowledge and some of the sickest Gs in the world! Yes SxExCx is one of them. For sure check out his threads and pics!

Later

Old 07-11-2015, 11:30 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Welcome the G is a great car you'll love it and the there are endless mods just do some searching on the forums

What do you have planned ?

Old 07-12-2015, 01:53 AM
I'm thinkin of starting with the kinetix plenum with a 5/16 spacer, cat back exhaust until I can save up for full piping, and probably just some lowering springs until I can save up for some nice coils. I don't like to go cheap if it means lower quality so I don't want to just throw any old coils on there. Then probably going with a stage 2 clutch set up with lightweight flywheel. After that I'm thinkin upgrade the rear diff but not sure how I want to go upon that

Old 07-12-2015, 01:54 AM
Sorry if my txt is huge I'm new to this thread thing

Old 07-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Look into a ztube and drop in filter great for the g35

Exhaust my two personal favorites are the gt haus or motordyne. I have the motordyne on my car with ART test pipes

I just bought coils this past month I went with kW variant 2 because of the adjustable dampening but bc coils are just as good for a grand

Old 07-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Coming from the Honda forums? Please, no fart cannons on your G sedan...Gary

The following users liked this post:
SteezyyG (07-13-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Welcome to the G community. Car handles great huh?!?

Old 07-13-2015, 01:56 PM
haha no worries @gary c...i was never into the weedeater sound. i had a 94 accord coupe with a partial built n/a k24 with a humble 2.5 in piping, and a eg coupe with a b18 turbo build, heard the BOV more than the exhaust, all the while had a mostly stock sc300 for daily.
& @bluedevils95 yes it does im loving it so far.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:19 PM
ive actually been checking out the AAM resonated test pipes for now...got a small leak in the rear piping by the muffler flange so ill be replacing that at the same time. guess ill be doing that before the plenum and spacer, either way looking forward to uprgrading. Anyone have any feedback on the AAM products for the G?

Old 07-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up Before you do anything

The best place to look for mods is the private classified section. I know everyone will tell you motordyne has the best exhaust and yes from all the videos I've seen motordyne does sound good but, I have an exoticspeed catback exhaust and I LOVE IT. I get bombarded with compliments daily on the looks and sound. The plenum spacer is a great start and unless you'll be taking your car to the track often, a good set of lowering springs and some adjustable shocks and struts will work wonders. Swaybars will also help in the corners (more than you know) and will compliment your suspension setup. Keep us posted and enjoy your ride.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:18 PM
yea ive been hearing a lot of good things about motordyne since doing my research. id love to be able to afford a full system but being a full time student with a part time job trying to pay bills as well, my budget is pretty tight. i did see a decent priced used tanable cat back that looked to be in pretty good shape. heard good things from them as well. i run the track occasionally, but its a drag strip so fully adjustables arent top priority. its mostly my daily right now anyway so i dont want anything too aggressive. I was thinking just some modest springs for now and like you said sway bars. probably upgrade to coils in the future just for added ride comfort but no rush on that. Also, ive seen a lot of people with these kinetix polished plenum....but nobody really has any info on the black one, the V series i believe is what they called it...theres a pretty significant price difference im sure there is in quality and performance as well? was wondering if they were worth a damn or if i should just save up a little extra for the polished one.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:16 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up

I would look into buying a plenum spacer instead of a plenum. The motordyne plenum spacer does the same thing for less money. I have a set of Tanabe NF210 lowering springs (and I love them) on my coupe. They give a 1 inch drop in the front and .6 inch drop in the rear. Right now, I'm using my factory struts and shocks and the ride isn't bad at all, although I will be installing a set of Tockico D-specs this year along with Tanabe swaybars and new endlinks. I'm also considering the exoticspeed high flow cats and headers to finish off my exhaust.

Money willing, look into a Nismo front and rear bumper and side skirts. In the long run, you'll be glad you did. I was thinking of installing coilovers but, I found that a good set of lowering springs along with a good set of struts and shocks will do wonders and also save me money now and in the long run. Their is a wealth of knowledge on this forum but, word to the wise. Always search first and keep a flame retardant suit handy. You'll need it.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Ok, so there's really no need for both huh? I read about the spacer adding hp and the plenum but never could find anything on the plenum used with a 5/16 spacer..was kind of wondering if that might be too much. I really wanted to get the polished plenum just because it looks so good and I plan on doing a lot of chrome in the bay, but I guess if the spacer will give me what I want as far as power gain, I could just glass bead and paint the plenum or something to that effect. Saving 700 bucks always sounds nice to me haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New user here