New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New Member - '06 6mt sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
New Member - '06 6mt sedan

Hola!

Picked up my 2006 G sedan 6mt about 5 months ago with 72000 miles for ~$12,000. It's silver, not sure what the actual color is called.

I have since installed 350z front springs and G coupe rears, and a coupe mid pipe.

I live just south of Seattle, WA, and a few weeks ago I drove down to Laguna Seca just outside Monterey CA for the Rolex Historic Races. I took I-5 through Oregon, then Hwy 194 over to the 101 and 1 on the CA coast. The G was amazing on those roads.

On the trip I started having some shifting issues, so last weekend at 81,000 miles I did the clutch/pressure plate/flywheel in my buddies garage. I used the OEM Exedy clutch kit and Luk DM flywheel, as I don't want to deal with the rattling issues. I plan on posting a write up, as most of the ones I found didn't have bolt sizes or numbers, so I tried to write it down while it was fresh in my mind. Also I was bored at work.

I'm in the market for a Z tube, just waiting for one to pop up on craigslist. I'd also like to get a new plenum and spacer at some point.

Anyways, I love my G, and I enjoy perusing these forums, they have been a huge help for all the little foibles and repairs/upgrades I've been doing.

Take it easy!