New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

wheels and tires/spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb wheels and tires/spacers

Greetings, im new to the gdriver community here and a proud new member and owner of skyline edition 05 coupe.. The rims and tires it came with are 20" Zenettis with a deep dish offset front and rear (more in rear). Front- 245/35/90WZ20...Rear- 275/35/105WZ20... I am a UTI graduate and ASE certified for steering and suspension. Besides just being a part of this forum I was looking to get other G drivers opinions on my concern. I would like to put fat spacers 1.25"max to get the flush look.. its at stock ride height and gonna stay that way because of the massive amounts of potholes and speed bumps in my region. I also plan to track it, NOT DRIFT.. Im looking for ultimate traction and stability and high speed cornering. This thing grips like a ***** fo as is and unless i turn off vdc and literally floor it it wont slip unless its a rainy day (well barely any at all). Now from what I've seen and heard spacers will assist in getting me the stability i desire without 3000$ on coil overs etc. Just a little extra stability and a flush look. I know the addition of the spacers will affect my scrub radius, SAI and base alignment angles, but ive heard that this improves tight cornering handling with a stiffer steering wheel (with alignment compensation/fender rolling) and i plan on adding a second sway bar across the trunk. I already did some weight reduction so im fine with the substitutes. Aluminum vs steel? 1.25 vs 1"? better or worse track handling? Thank you all so much and im glad to be apart of this forum

Old 03-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
if youre tracking the car, forget the spacers and work on this problem:

" 20" Zenettis"

also, your money is better spent on sway bars for the stability you desire.not wheel spacers.

btw..pics of your "skyline edition" coupe?

Old 03-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Ditch the 20s, no question. Save all the weight you can and go with 19s that have decent offsets that won't need spacers to begin with.
Also +1 for sways...recommended first mod for this car by nearly everyone for the handling benefits they provide.
I didn't know "Skyline" was an Edition of this car...

The following users liked this post:
HRG3N3RAL (03-17-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 11:45 PM
yup ill have pics posted in the am.. and ya i thought it was just badged that way but i bought it from dealership with only 85k and they said it came with the zenettis as a sport package with the nismo bumper and badges etc... something like the anniversary edition 37... not to mention it smokes Zs all day and i havent touched the engine yet... with a trunk full of tools and a packed whip aha... but i def. agree that the 20's may be a bit much.. im thinking keeping the same profile tires on 19s tho.. bout to post these for sale i suppose aha... and yea def adding sway bar, and wanted also to replace driveshaft with CF and eventually exterior parts.. would love to get more opinions on this subject though, keep em coming because ive been told by my old instructor when i last visited for a quick brake swap at open shop, and was told keep the wheel and tire setup and just modify suspension (coil overs etc).. cost as much as the tires aha.. ALSO... short tube headers with short ram intake or long tube headers with cold air intake?(the goal is full range power increase. My instructors approved a tuning job on the dyno for compensation factors, for when i make this addition.. gonna add a little fuel, advance the timing a bit, pin point to where max hp with 0 knock counts.. dream on , squad

Old 03-17-2016, 12:08 AM

Last edited by HRG3N3RAL; 03-17-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:50 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Your cars modded AF, bro. No such thing as a skyline anniversary model with a nismo front bump. You've been had. Also, it doesn't smoke Zs. It doesn't even smoke other Gs it smokes Toyota trucks. You did get a decent upgrade with that front bump tho. Wanna tell us what you payed so we can make fun of you?

HRG3N3RAL (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 02:46 AM
Banned
Your instructor may need to find a new career if he's telling you keep the 20" wheels instead of picking up a set of $500, 18" Enkeis (remember were tracking this)
Search around for your intake question.
And yeah, see that steering wheel on the left side?
You have a G35....and JUST a G35

HRG3N3RAL (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 03:46 AM
figured as much , goodlooks tho.. paid 9k before tax and interest.. and i always thought 20's were too big as well just from others reviews on their own cars.. the instructor simply advised against spacers all in all if i kept the 20's but keep as is if i do decide to keep em.. looking to sell / trade for 19's with same width tire that i can use spacers on with a 1.1 cambor(fenders rolled) to survive the streets, nothing to serious that cant be quickly adjusted, but im no veteran in the game aha.. as far as the intake/exhaust upgrades go, i figure since its the rev up motor and all the powers in the high range, i would throw on long tube headers for that low-mid range pick up and a nice cold air to support the high range. A little tuning etc.. do the manifolds come stock aluminum? havent had the time to check, worth the purchase for weight reduciton?...... well so far, messin around, i pull on the Zs, assuming stock like mine, but again my ***** in no condition to track how i need to just yet aha, thanks for your responses

Old 03-17-2016, 09:09 AM
Banned
is your car a 6mt? if yes=revup motor
if no= non revup motor.

try for ART pipes or HFC's for the extra pickup and pair them with an exhaust and UpRev tune.
the intake idea is pointless-especially if you already have a revup motor.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
is your car a 6mt? if yes=revup motor
if no= non revup motor.

try for ART pipes or HFC's for the extra pickup and pair them with an exhaust and UpRev tune.
the intake idea is pointless-especially if you already have a revup motor.
so no its not the rev up, but it redlines at 6600.. all the full power according to all data is between 4000 and 6400.. so your saying a cold air intake would not increase the power at that range? as well as compensation for low-mid range with the long tube headers and a basic tune for compensation? cuz then i would just save money and not worry about an intake unless i can adapt some better than stock variable plenum? again forgive me for my lack of experience. but we all pursue that perfection so i appreciate your advice

Old 03-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Guidance

OK i am having problems with my 2004 G35 coupe. My back two tires wear way to fast and i have replaced each back tire twice in a year n a half. I have 20' low profile tires with 2 piece chrome rims on the back. Just recently my back tire split on the inside lip while I was driving, and it has happened before completely destroying my tire. I have no ideal why it keeps happening but its getting to the point where I am scared to drive my car sometimes. The rim comes really close to being the only thing that i am riding on. Thank you in advance I need answers.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Shitty tires
shitty wheels
shitty alignment

Old 03-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Ditch the 20s, no question. Save all the weight you can and go with 19s that have decent offsets that won't need spacers to begin with.
Also +1 for sways...recommended first mod for this car by nearly everyone for the handling benefits they provide.
I didn't know "Skyline" was an Edition of this car...
THank you . But do you know what could fix my problem that is temp? im getting my rims and tires re-serviced now. Is there any solution for the 2 piece rims? I want to go lower eventually and stagger my rims but for now my money is tight and I am looking for a possible solution.. Any feedback?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:04 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Tmac2012
THank you . But do you know what could fix my problem that is temp? im getting my rims and tires re-serviced now. Is there any solution for the 2 piece rims? I want to go lower eventually and stagger my rims but for now my money is tight and I am looking for a possible solution.. Any feedback?
First of all why the eff are you hijacking this guys thread?

Second, Venom already told you you have shitty tires, shitty wheels and shitty alignment. Fix the shitty things.

Third, if you don't want to continue spending money on tires, educate yourself on how alignments work and learn how to fix it. I'll tell you right now your toe is fugged up, but if you want 20s with super lo-pro tires, you will always be spending unnecessary $$$ on tires. Gotta pay to play, my man.

Otherwise, sell your car and get into some Honda Civic action.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:27 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Still waiting on the Skyline Edition G35 pics...

And you said you have an auto???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wheels and tires/spacers