New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

04 G35x Sedan owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 04 G35x Sedan owner

Hello all,

I bought an 04 sedan on 5/13/16. I have spend the last week on this forum looking up common issues, parts interchange, and tips.

2004 G35x Premium
Appears the only options it doesnt have, Navi, electric column (not sure if this was an option in 04), and the sweet nismo aero package.

I have just come from a long time Subaru background, and as much as I wanted full RWD, the x was just too good to pass up. Car had/has the typical issues for its age, Needs paint (my background is autobody), Front and rear covers are damaged, front seat leather needs some love, Had SRS light flashing (reset cleared it) TPMS light is on (need to reset as fullsize spare has a flat and is getting replaced), missing a few under hood trim parts.

short term plans for the car:

Nismo Rep front cover.
06 Rear cover.
De yellow my headlamps (wetsand 2000, re clear coat)
Rays 19" wheels and fresh rubber.
Replace shocks/struts, lower slightly.
Replace control arm bushings.
Newer front seats. (possibly coupe) for the extra bolster (love my 03 WRX seats)
350z or stillin z tube
Exhaust with a little rumble
06ish tail lights/Skyline rears and backup lenses. (my right tail lens has a crack)
2 tone paint. Factory Burnt orange/red? Need to pull the paint code, on the bottom, with silver or grey metallic top.

I managed to get Bluetooth/hands free calling working on the factory Bose unit for now, so I am in no hurry to tear out the dash and stuff my Pioneer double din in just yet, although, I do miss my rear camera. I will keep the stock stereo until something finally dies on it, also considering seeing if I can get the 05+ ac/radio face to work with the 04 plastic, as I rather have the **** for volume then the up/down buttons.

Possibly doing a complete 06 front end conversion as I need a bumper cover, wouldnt mind the projector lights, and the hood is better looking.

I will most likely spend the next year making this car nice,clean, and mechanically sound, then give it to my daughter to drive as her first car, and step up into an M35/45 for myself.

Glad to be here, and look forward to spending hours of time at work reading everything I can.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Hello and welcome on board! Pictures of your car are always good when a new person joins us. You have great plans on your G! There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Good luck and keep us updated!