New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New from Cincinnati OH

Old 06-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from Cincinnati OH

Purchased my 05 in February with 34k miles, 1 owner, 5AT. Just rolled over 40k yesterday. Came with original window sticker and basically every piece of paperwork you could imagine. So far I've painted the grille, tinted the windows, and added some cheap lights(which are surprisingly decent) while I retrofit the stockers. No big plans for it. Going for a clean stock, unmolested look. In the process of getting stock 19's and maybe adding 350z springs. That's about it for now. I'm more about performance than looks so If I do anything it will involve a Precision 6262 once she's paid off.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Wow nice i like the headlights on it. Looks good. Welcome to g35driver

Old 06-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Hello from Mason!

Glad to hear those headlights are coming off . What projectors are going in with which components?

OEM 19's look great and are really a great price. They will look great on your car.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by >INfinITi-G35<
Wow nice i like the headlights on it. Looks good. Welcome to g35driver

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Hello from Mason!

Glad to hear those headlights are coming off . What projectors are going in with which components?

OEM 19's look great and are really a great price. They will look great on your car.

I disabled all the extra lights in them so they aren't that bad now lol. They were the only black housing with a projector in them I could find. Not sure how infinity got away with HID in a halogen housing from factory. They at least give me time to do my retrofit the right way. I'm looking at doing quad Morimoto D2S in a color matched black housing. Just simple and clean. no extra lights.
I'm looking at Morimoto D2S with a 6k pure white bulb. The D2S 4.0 look like I can do high and low. So essentially would be a quad low and quad high. Need to do more research on those before I pull the trigger.

Right now I'm wet sanding the lenses to get them as clear as possible. Haven't split them yet.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:05 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your '05 looks really nice and clean. Congratulations and good luck with all the future upgrades. Good luck with your progress.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Nice idea. After you wet sand the lens you will need the protect the headlight with a clear coat that is UV stable, like 2K clear.

D2S uses a solenoid to activate the high beam, moving the cutoff shield out of the way of the bulb. Pretty simple, pretty great projectors.

I'd recommend the 5500k bulb for the best performance as Lightwerkz tested all the bulbs and it showed those offered the best hotspot lumens.

Keeping it simple is great.... I'm on factory projectors color modded with E30 lenses and currently putting in Demon eyes from Diode Dynamics lol.

Hope your project goes well. PM me or post to Facebook/headlight junkies if you need help.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome. I'm right up the road in Dayton.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Only gripe I have with those headlights are the output compared to stock. Other than that I think they look great, I don't see why people on here hate them so much.

Clean lookin ride!

Old 07-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Nice idea. After you wet sand the lens you will need the protect the headlight with a clear coat that is UV stable, like 2K clear.

D2S uses a solenoid to activate the high beam, moving the cutoff shield out of the way of the bulb. Pretty simple, pretty great projectors.

I'd recommend the 5500k bulb for the best performance as Lightwerkz tested all the bulbs and it showed those offered the best hotspot lumens.

Keeping it simple is great.... I'm on factory projectors color modded with E30 lenses and currently putting in Demon eyes from Diode Dynamics lol.

Hope your project goes well. PM me or post to Facebook/headlight junkies if you need help.

They're in. Had my first fire up this weekend to get the rotational alignment correct. OEM ballasts and bulbs aren't going to do. They're pretty garbage when compared to a good set of 55w aftermarket ones. See pic below. Alignment isn't perfect when I took it but you can see the difference. Also testing out some budget demon eyes using an RGB interior lighting kit for 25 bucks. So far I've bake the LEDs at 275 for 1.5 hrs and they still work fine. They light up the bowls great. Wasn't willing to spend the 200 plus to do all 4 projectors. We'll see how it goes.

Originally Posted by ChrisAult2004
Welcome. I'm right up the road in Dayton.

Small world

Originally Posted by G35freaks
Only gripe I have with those headlights are the output compared to stock. Other than that I think they look great, I don't see why people on here hate them so much.

Clean lookin ride!

They're really not that bad. The outside leds are controlled by your fog light switch. Pretty neat actually. Output isn't as good as stock but I didn't like the idea of HIDs in a non projector housing. Figure they would be easy to resell when I'm done with my retrofit. They're a good option if you don't want to deal with a retrofit or want to spend tons of money

Old 07-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

55W is great because it gets 20 bonus watts, duh.

G35 bowls are known to burn on 55W. Proceed with caution.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:10 PM
55W is great because it gets 20 bonus watts, duh.

G35 bowls are known to burn on 55W. Proceed with caution.
Do you mean the housing lense? The morimotos are rated for 55w. Says it on the TRS website. Stock G35 bowls might not idk

Old 07-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

No, I mean if you use a factory G35 projector don't use 55W it bakes the chrome off the projector reflecting bowls. Sounds like you went full aftermarket though?

Old 07-07-2017, 12:36 AM
I think I have the same headlights! Worth the price for sure

Old 07-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Can't always see the posts on the mobile app, so glad to see you are using Morimoto stuff. You are gonna see everything out there .

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.