New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Pics of the purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pics of the purchase

here are a few pics of the car from the ad the previous owner posted. The "dirty" interior before cleaning it today.

The interior cleaned up great, it looked good to start but looks practically new now. I used Meguiars Leather Cleaner and Conditioner with a soft bristle scrub brush and its amazing the job it did. Not a scuff or tear anywhere. I am so happy the "rocking" driver seat was nothing more than a bolt. It is rock solid now. The back seats look as if they had never been sat in

The exterior has quite a few chips on the hood but not so much as a door ding down the sides. The under carriage is extremely clean as well.
I will post some after pics tomorrow.

Last edited by jimmyz1014; 07-23-2017 at 11:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Fastmodz (07-26-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 12:05 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Complete with "jesus fish" on the rear!

Congratulations on your new car.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks pretty clean. Congrats.

Edit: Are you in Ky? If so, good to see more Ky G35s.

Last edited by TalonJH; 07-24-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Complete with "jesus fish" on the rear!

Congratulations on your new car.
My son wants the fish removed!

Old 07-24-2017, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by TalonJH
Looks pretty clean. Congrats.

Edit: Are you in Ky? If so, good to see more Ky G35s.
No, I bought the car from a guy in Florence, KY, about 25 minutes from me. I live 2 miles from the KY border (Ohio River) in Cincinnati, close to the Old River Downs racetrack, Coney Island, etc

Old 07-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by jimmyz1014
My son wants the fish removed!
Tell him Jesus is good for an extra 10 HP at the wheels.

Originally Posted by jimmyz1014
No, I bought the car from a guy in Florence, KY, about 25 minutes from me. I live 2 miles from the KY border (Ohio River) in Cincinnati, close to the Old River Downs racetrack, Coney Island, etc
Lol, Close enough. I have friends in Cincinnati and we had our wedding there.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:32 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If you've never debadged a car before it's super easy and will get rid of the fish, first thoroughly wash the area, then use a heat gun (or hair dryer) and make a few passes on the area, typically I pass over the badge until it's hot enough to be uncomfortable when I touch it. Next take a long piece of dental floss and "saw" off the adhesive, it will come off with no effort if you get the adhesive the right temp. Finish with some goof-off to remove the adhesive residue then wash the area thoroughly and wax, DONE.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
If you've never debadged a car before it's super easy and will get rid of the fish, first thoroughly wash the area, then use a heat gun (or hair dryer) and make a few passes on the area, typically I pass over the badge until it's hot enough to be uncomfortable when I touch it. Next take a long piece of dental floss and "saw" off the adhesive, it will come off with no effort if you get the adhesive the right temp. Finish with some goof-off to remove the adhesive residue then wash the area thoroughly and wax, DONE.
Thanks Cleric. I have done this in the past exactly as you described. I am old enough to remember when every dealer would slap one of those hideous dealer plaques on the back of a car and expect you to advertise free for them.
In 1984, when the Honda CRX came out, I specifically requested no badge on the car, it was still on the carrier when I bought it. Came back the next day to pick it up and sure enough, a HUGE dealer badge on it. I told them I wanted $480 off my price which equated to $10 per month to advertise their dealership. They balked, I walked. Made it to my car before they ran out and told me they would take it off, lol

Old 07-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Vehicle is looking great! congratulations on the new purchase. Check us out if you ever need upgrades to your vehicle.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Updated pics

Here are a few pics after we buffed it out and waxed it along with cleaning the interior.
The car is in fantastic shape for a 14 year old car. A couple little issues to attned too. Fan clutch will be delivered tomorrow and ordering a right rear wheel bearing today. Only issues left to deal with, everything else works as it should!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.