New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

What a project.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a project.

Hey every one.
I have had my blue slate 07 g35 sedan for a while now and recently was going to try and sale it and buy a 66 C10. I decided to stick with it and fix her up, but she is going to need some work.

Right now I doing some maintenance, changing wheel hubs and I think Ill have to replace one of my half axle on the passenger rear. Then work out some electrical isssues.

I need a new set of tires and I have been researching which ones. I travel a lot so I am looking for some high mileage tires.

Wishful thinking on the list below because with the gen2 car it seems there is not too much aftermarket available.

The paint needs some help but from a 15 feet it looks good though.

My Plan is in this order.
Full suspension front and back. I'm thinking tein coil overs but not sure on the rest of it.

New wider rims bronze maybe. I want a wide body kit, or fender flares. I'm going to paint my oem rims bronze with temporary paint as soon as ups locates my missing shipment.

I plan on changing my tan interior to red and black. A deep red as the main color.
I need new upholstery anyways and this shop near me said they would give me new carpet for $275. This project may happen throughout while the rest is taking place.

Air intake and I'm thinking a 3" flow master U-fit exhaust. I've read a couple places that my car comes with oem headers. As far as Cats go, my buddy said to weld up the exhaust with no cats, but I don't want any idiot light going off. I'm thinking high flow cats but I keep reading they want bolt up to oem headers.

Now I am going outside to remove this stubborn seized front wheel hub assembly.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:20 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
This vehicle has a HUGE aftermarket support, start with the vendors listed in the marketplace and work from there. Exact fit pieces are available for the complete exhaust system, complete powertrain (every component) and complete suspension system. If you need help looking for exact items just holler, folks are usually happy to steer you in the right direction.

I would definitely stay away from a welded test pipe, go with a brand like Fast Intentions, no CEL and you aren't butchering the exhaust system since it's a direct bolt-on replacement.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:33 PM
I was thinking bolt the headers onto high flow cats or bolted on to cat deletes. The cat deletes, which would be just straight pipe would be welded onto the rest of the exhaust system. I'm still doing research because this project will be a while.

I've been watching sound clips on youtube, defiantly not the best source for sound quality, and most people do cold start revs, not drive bys. The aftermarket bolt on exhaust sound not much louder than oem.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:26 AM
Here is a pic of my time traveler.

Attached Thumbnails What a project.-img_0046.jpg  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:48 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I'd repaint those calipers to the same shade of blue as the exterior.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:29 PM
I kind of agree with you. The front came powder coated that way and the rear I painted. They are a different shade of red. Hey I'm on a budget. This started as a pad change but the calipers were so corroded I had to buy new/rebuilt calipers. I don't have time to do a caliper rebuild kit.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
No. Paint them silver or some natural shade of metal. Floating calipers look like butt when painted stand-out colors. Bright colors are for BBKs.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:27 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Best advice you'll ever hear, believe it or not!

You have a very nice Blue Slate sedan, don't waste your $$ on modifications that will only lesson her curb appeal! Suspension replacement parts where needed, clean your interior and buy new tires. Go to www.griotsgarage.com and pickup one of their buffer kits, they come with vids to show you the right way to care for your cars exterior and interior! This kit will last you a life time, $$ well spent, plus that BS sedan will look great up close too! Rather than spending those big bucks on mods, maintain your G's maintenance schedule so she'll stay on the road without issues!
Gary

Old 09-23-2017, 08:46 AM
I would like to get new carpet, it no longer has mildew but permanent stains.
Maybe do a bushing kit, z1 blue urethane rear end bushings.
I would like to switch to coilovers, maybe give her an aggressive stance, nothing to drastic.
I'm saving my money for the akebono kit. Z1 use to offer those calipers in more colors than they do now.
Exhaust and air intake.

No rice...

Old 09-23-2017, 11:17 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The carpet in this vehicle is made from 100% nylon, the only way it can be permanently damaged is from something melting it (or abrasion holes). If you have "permanent stains" it's probably at the carpet backing and not the fibers themselves, agitation and suction can remove it. Use a medium detergent cleaner that doesn't leave a residue, I STRONGLY recommend a product called Procyon, use two stiffnesses of brushes a medium and a hard bristle nylon brush. Spray the detergent, agitate with brush, shop vac the moisture away with the smallest size head for the vac (use just the hose if you have to). It takes quite a while to remove all the stains but a lot less time spent than replacing the carpet itself, the only time I do an actual replacement is if there are holes in the carpet or other permanent damage.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Time
I would like to get new carpet, it no longer has mildew but permanent stains.
Maybe do a bushing kit, z1 blue urethane rear end bushings.
I would like to switch to coilovers, maybe give her an aggressive stance, nothing to drastic.
I'm saving my money for the akebono kit. Z1 use to offer those calipers in more colors than they do now.
Exhaust and air intake.

No rice...
Buy the energy bushings, I was happy with mine. Urethane is for track cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.