New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Hello There!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello There!

Hi. I have found this awesome site. I purchased a pre-owned 2004 G35 and absolutely love it right now. I hope I don't run into any future problems, but I'm happy in case I do I know where to go. Anything I should know now that I own this awesome car? I have an automatic coupe with 94k miles. Runs like new. Minor interior flaws.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
Keep an eye on the oil level these are sometimes oil burners.

Look at the suspension for blown bushings.

Welcome.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:48 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,463 Likes on 2,155 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I'm a big fan of running only Nissan fluids through these cars. You can sacrifice a turkey baster and suck out the power steering pump reservoir to do a partial drain/fill. Do this each oil change until the fluid starts to look the correct color again.

Transmission drain/fill is pretty straight forward, just measure and replace the amount you drain off, dipstick is located behind the intake manifold and is held down with a single 10mm bolt, doesn't have a typical "handle" to remove the dipstick it's more of a cap.

Differential fluid change is very straight forward, same with brake fluid, just replace the brake fluid every time you replace pads like any other vehicle.

Engine oil is definitely one you should check weekly, the VQ35DE has an inclination towards sucking oil past the rings.

Inspect the rear differential bushing, it's a big rubber bushing set into the subframe directly behind the rear differential, does it look like it's been "leaking" or does it have cracks? If so it needs to be replaced, it's a straightforward process but does require the removal of a lot of components including the differential. Strongly recommend replacing it with a polyurethane bushing.

I recommend getting your alignment checked for reference, it might need some correction and will save your tires if it's off.

Do you do your own work on vehicles? Most of these simple fluid swaps are user friendly enough that even someone not accustomed to working on cars can manage with good pictures and direction. Fortunately there's a massive resource of information available here on G35DRIVER, you can google search pretty much anything related to these cars with the word "G35DRIVER" at the start and usually find a thread (or hundreds of threads) to answer your questions. If you are having problems locating a specific answer don't be afraid to ask but definitely TRY to find the answer yourself first.

Youtube also has many video's about practically any repair.

Got any pictures of the new car?