New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Having a melt down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35x Sport AWD VQ35HR
Having a melt down

2008 G35x Sport AWD VQ35HR

Here is what I am dealing with in order. I am pulling my hair out and the car is not running or sounding as it should.
I should probably give you some sort of back ground story to the car which may be helpful.
1) The car threw an o2 sensor code (p2a00) a while back so I replaced the sensor 2 bank 1 which the code was reading.
2) Code came back shortly after
3) Brought it to a shop near my work (convenience factor) they said I had a bad cat.
4) Bought hi-flow cats and had them installed (Top Speed Pro-1)
5) Check engine light came back, checked code and its now reading cat codes. I do believe the P2A00 is gone however.
6) I had my resonators taken out a year ago or so now with the hi-flow cats its super raspy and sounds awful when I get on it. (sounds like a Honda Civic)
7) Idle has also started going to S#@T
7) And now we are here....

Someone help before I spend a ton of money chasing stuff or going to the dealer.....

Old 12-13-2018, 10:14 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
You should have bought a code reader that can read live data. You want to see your fuel trims in all those instances.