New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New g35 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 05:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Block, Motordyne plenum spacer, UpRev Tune
Talking New g35 owner

New owner of a G35 coupe 03 with 134,000 Miles (Sadly an automatic), Bought the car of a friend. Was an Infiniti owner couple years back, had a 2009 G37 sedan
Car engine block was swapped out in 2013 (Cosworth long block) which currently has almost 10,000 Miles. Has Motordyne plenum spacer, AEM intake with an UpRev Tune.
Exhaust is stock. But has an upgraded header, I believe they are from Nismo. So i'm happy with the power at the moment.

Just did a full restoration on the car as it was parked for 9 month:
-Full Transmission overhaul
-New Radiator
-New A/C condenser
-New Compressor
-New MAF
-Front / Rear Break Pads
-Engine Belt
-Spark Plugs
-Oil/Filter + Engine Flush

Let me know if you think there are some things I should have looked at as preventative maintenance before its too late

Note: I'm having this issue, where when i turn on the car and as it idles and temperature needle almost at the middle, the car has this vibration where the seat vibrates, steering, dashboard, basically the whole car. It isn't a very harsh vibration but you can defiantly feel it. This doesn't happen on start up or when the car
is cold. Pretty sure weather has nothing to do with it as the car is always parked underground. After reading a couple of posts, i haven't read anyone with the same symptoms as i'm having right now. Hope you guys can shed some light on me <3

Old 12-17-2018, 12:20 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
Love that color, and I'm jealous of that built long block and the possibilities it opens.

Wondering where your warm idle is when its vibrating? Mine vibes if the idle dips below spec for warm idle (650rpm +/- 50rpm).
I see you replaced your MAF - maybe a good time to check in on the throttle body (see if it needs cleaning) and do the pedal dance/ecu re-learn:

https://nicoclub.com/archives/g35-ho...-learning.html

Would recommend finding the FSM for the 03 and downloading for safe keeping, as it is helpful when you find yourself 'in the weeds'.

As far as maintenance: I would check in on all your suspension bushings and the rear diff bushing as well.
Welcome back to vq-life!

Old 12-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Block, Motordyne plenum spacer, UpRev Tune
Originally Posted by TokkioDrift
Love that color, and I'm jealous of that built long block and the possibilities it opens.

Wondering where your warm idle is when its vibrating? Mine vibes if the idle dips below spec for warm idle (650rpm +/- 50rpm).
I see you replaced your MAF - maybe a good time to check in on the throttle body (see if it needs cleaning) and do the pedal dance/ecu re-learn:

https://nicoclub.com/archives/g35-ho...-learning.html

Would recommend finding the FSM for the 03 and downloading for safe keeping, as it is helpful when you find yourself 'in the weeds'.

As far as maintenance: I would check in on all your suspension bushings and the rear diff bushing as well.
Welcome back to vq-life!
Thanks for the quick reply, i actually did do the whole pedal dance right after i put the new MAF sensor. But i never had issues with RPM drop. The car would actually vibrate and the RPM is 650 stable. The vibration is constant = when the car gets warmed up, and when i stop at a red light. Its annoying but im getting used to it. If its a quick fix and someone know that would be great