New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Greetings all -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:28 PM
Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
04.5 G35 Sedan 5AT
Greetings all -

Hi all,

My name is Andrew, and my G is a 2005 G35 Sedan 5AT. It has navigation and factory sport package, so stock 18's and VLSD.

Its at almost 254k on it as of today. I bought the car almost a year ago with 245k from a family friend. He was original owner, and took very good care of it. He claimed he used only full synthetic oil for its entire life, and kept it quite clean.

The powertrain has been reliable thus far, but my fear is the engine is nearing last legs, thus I am beginning to source a replacement motor and transmission (I may start a thread on this). The trans has slipped once or twice, but since a few services it seems fine now.

To date, I have repaired/replaced the following:

All new brakes- Brembo pads, Stillen rotors, fresh Dot 4 high temp brake fluid.

Z1 intake couplers and PCV hoses (I learned the hard way to NEVER touch/clean the throttle plate, had to perform the idle relearn a few times)

Rear strut to knuckle bushings - these were a pain to replace.

I have been stock piling parts, as I plan on running through the front and rear suspension in the near future:

New OEM compresion rods, centric lower ball joints, new inner and outer OEM tie rods, Prothane poly bushing kit for the front

The front struts are original to the car, and surprisingly they feel fine, but I will probably end replacing them anyhow as the rear KYBs are shot.

I plan on ordering new front and rear upper control arms. I plan to use OEM, which although are expensive, but I have had poor experiences with auto parts store/rock auto bushings and ball joints.

Overall, these cars seem to hold up remarkably well when they are maintained. Although the mileage is high on mine, I think these cars are underappreciated, which is why I plan on keeping it and putting time/money into it. I wish mine was a 6 speed, but they are hard to find in SoCal that aren't beaten, modified, or over priced.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,028 Likes on 945 Posts
Cool! Let's seem some pics, lol