New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

I知 a new member.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infiniti g35 awd
I知 a new member.

I have a 05 Infinity g35x sedan and I and having some trouble with it lately. My first problem was I had a bad battery ,so I replaced it . Then when I replaced that my check engine light came on and read camshaft position sensor a bank 2 . The guy at NAPA told me it was on the driver side so I replaced it . Then the code didn稚 leave so I ended up replacing both. After I replaced both I went to get another diagnostic which read my crankshaft sensor now and still read camshaft sensor a bank 2 and and evaporative leak code also popped up . Then on my way home my car started jerking hard and my engine would lose power. Basically I would be driving and the engine seemingly dies but my rpm still revs up and the car shifting hard. My vdc and abs and check engine light are on now and I need to know where else to start.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:06 AM
Received 396 Likes on 359 Posts
Dont worry about the leak yet. That can wait.

Your engine cutting off is the result of bad cam or crank sensors. Change them out with original sensors only. Aftermarket sensors just dont work on these cars. I ignored everyone's advice and figured it out the hard way lol.

Get the sensors fixed. Then worry about the other stuff.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:38 PM
infiniti g35 awd
Is a connection issue common?

So I went to dealer and got both sensors for like $340 and this code is still in here. Which sensor would this be ? The angled one or the straight one?

Old 08-30-2019, 04:02 AM
Received 396 Likes on 359 Posts
Never buy from dealer dude. U always end up paying more.

Anyway.... Bank 2 is the driver's side sensor. The angled one.

This should help u a bunch: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...y-version.html

Old 08-30-2019, 02:35 PM
infiniti g35 awd
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Never buy from dealer dude. U always end up paying more.

Anyway.... Bank 2 is the driver's side sensor. The angled one.

This should help u a bunch: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...y-version.html

My my problem is I put in the new sensor from after market and it read both sensors was bad now I replaced it now it reads only one is bad. I know how to install them I知 trying to troubleshoot possible reasons that camshaft code is still popping up even with brand new dealer sensors