New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

g35 2003 Crank no start issue PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35 2003 Crank no start issue PLEASE HELP!

This is somewhat of a long story so I will start at the beginning. Driving home one day several months ago the car stalled at a light. I was shocked my car never does this, stop at store on the way home and didn't want to start check engine light came on. Went home checked code 0345 camshaft sensor bank 2. I ordered both sensor online and when they came I changed the one on the passengers side by mistake. I then replaced the one on the drivers side. I reset code and I was getting the 0340 which is camshaft sensor bank 1, which I just replaced. So I ordered another sensor thinking that one was no good. Replaced it and got the 0021 code variable valve timing over advanced. My car was running great so I read online that dirty oil could cause this code I changed the oil. Still same code, I then read that if I didn't use genuine Nissan sensor I could get this code so I order 2 new cam sensor (genuine nissan parts) I put them in and the car has never started since. Its been almost 3 weeks. I replaced the crankshaft sensor just in case. I have troubleshooted the wiring to the sensors, they are fine. I replaced the battery. Could all of my sensors be bad? I don't think so.. I am so at a loss what to do next. I check both of the variable valve timing solenoids and they work fine. I did crank it with the solenoid off to make sure it was getting oil and it took 5 or 6 cranks to get oil to come out the solenoid hole. I think that is too long. I read the 0021 code can be caused my low oil pressure but will that make it not start? I am thinking the timing is too far advanced that the computer won't let it start or the cam phaser is stuck. The car will crank and crank but no spark Please can someone help me out here, I have been riding the bus to work and it sucks. I still owe a $1000 on the car so I can't just get a new one. I don't know what else to do? Could it possibly be the starter?