New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Infiniti G35..just now looking into mods

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
Follow me on Instagram @_pjkev
I also need help with a mod list if anyone stays in the dmv area

Old 03-06-2020, 11:36 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new car.

Firstly, you have a rev-up engine so be sure to check the oil level weekly and top it off as needed.

Secondly get the vehicle up to spec:

-Alignment and tires if needed. Looks like you're already sitting a bit lowered, should probably find out what equipment was used and if it has adjustable FUCA. Don't go to Nissan for your alignment if you have aftermarket equipment, call around and find out which local reputable alignment shops do lowered vehicles with adjustable equipment on a regular basis, typically you can call the tuner shops in town and get a good recommendation from them otherwise you're going to end up with some kid that doesn't know how a multi-link suspension works trying to make alignment changes. Also there is a TSB for front alignment, have them set front TOE at the MAXIMUM value listed which should be 0.04 on each corner for a total toe of 0.08.

-Fluid changes for anything that's past it's interval or you don't have a record for
MA schedule link: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/200...067-41185P.pdf

-Fix anything mechanical that's not up to OEM spec, probably going to need to replace every bushing, struts/shocks/brakes/wheel bearings/etc. Good time to throw in a poly rear diff bushing. Strongly recommend Bilstein shocks/struts.

-Fix anything cosmetic that's not up to OEM spec, rips in the leather, torn floor mats, chips in the paint, etc.

Thirdly, it's mod time!

-Window tint

-Clear front corner markers

-5/16 plenum spacer and Motordyne MREV2, with a rev-up engine you need them both at the same time.

-HFC

-You already have a rev-up engine so you don't need the rev air box. However you SHOULD get a 350Z intake tube, it deletes the resonator from the stock pipe and sounds much better. You will also need the 350Z PCV hose that hooks to the tube, check out Z1Motorsports.com for the hose they make some excellent silicone ones, in fact just get the whole PCV kit it's $35 and worth the money.

-Exhaust if you want it louder

-Uprev tune, if you don't have a local Uprev tuner or would prefer to do an e-tune one of our members here is a very reputable and highly recommended tuner, contact @seymore4 for more info.

The following users liked this post:
seymore4 (03-06-2020)
Old 03-07-2020, 09:12 PM
Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
04.5 G35 Sedan 5AT
Cleric covered most of it, but I'll add what I've learned thus far:
-I highly recommend getting the Z-tube, either the Stillen one or OEM 350z tube. I just installed one (along with the Rev-Up intake box) last week and it made big difference in sound. It seems to be more responsive with both, butt dyno says it may pull a little harder. I am yet to try a plenum spacer, but it seems they make the biggest difference for the money, more so compared to most anything you can bolt-on to the car. By the way, those Z1 silicone hoses are absolutley wonderful.
-Also, check the intake couplers at the throttle body and MAF sensor, on both my G's they were cracked and needed replacement. Z1 and CZP both make silicone replacement couplers for around $40, but you won't need them if you get the OEM 350z tube.
-One thing to consider are the brakes. Good pads, rotors, and fresh fluid if needed. I put Brembo 'OEM' ceramic pads (AutoZone can special order them) on my 05 G sedan along with Stillen slotted rotors. The pads were good, but I regretted not getting something semi-metallic and they dusted a ton!! Rotors were alright, I warped them in less than a year of driving however. I am running Z1 slotted rotors and Akebono ProAct pads on my 04 G currently, very happy with the performance and minimal to very little dust!