New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Obligatory “Hi Guys!” Post - 06RevUp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'05 G35 Coupe HR 6MT - Stillen LT In / DC Headers / Megan Resonated / JWT LW Clutch / Z1 HD CSC
Obligatory “Hi Guys!” Post - 06RevUp

Been lurking the forums for a while now so decided it was finally time to make an account lol.

2006 G35 Coupe 6MT RevUp

- I got diamond a little under a year ago bone stock with an Injen whale intake and driven like a Altima most her life. The paint was gone, clutch was almost gone, exhaust blown out from the Y-pipe with no back pressure and sounding like crud, engine bay looked trashed, hard time shifting gears/grind, ac didn’t work, missing interior piece and drivers seat was stuck way up and high.

But I could see the potential.

So here’s what I’ve done!

Engine Mods:
-Stillen Intake w Heat Shield
-Z-Tube
-HKS Rep True Dual Exhaust
-Z1 Midweight Flywheel
-Excedy Stage 1 Clutch Kit
-Z1 Magnetic Drain Plug
-Main Wireharness Tuck
-Coolant Res Tuck

Engine Maintenance:
-Replaced Alternator
-Replaced Power Steering (Fluid and Pump)
-Flushed Coolant
-Replaced Trans Fluid w Synchromesh
-Replaced Spark Plugs
-Wrapped Wire Harness
-Seamfoam through Intake
-Lucas Through Gas Tank

Interior Mods:
-Replaced all missing interior
-Replaced Drivers Seat
-Installed Pioneer Double Din Touchscreen
-Custom Handmade Shiftknob
-Replaced Floor Mats
-Replaced Cluster (Gas Gauge Issue)

Exterior Mods:
-Paint Correction
-Poly N1 Style Front Lip
-‘07 Headlights and Taillights
-20in Concept One Deep Dish Rims

Drivetrain and Suspension Mods:
-Truhart Street Plus Adjustable Coilovers

Things I Still Have To Install:
-Godspeed Front Adjustable Control Arms
-Megan Straight Pipes (Might go w/HFC instead)

So I’ve got a lot done and she turns heads for the right reasons now lol. I still have a lot more that I plan to do in the future, I’ve been having a lot of fun.

Future Mods (in no particular order):

- Wrap Her (Mightnight Blue or Dark Gray)
- Brembo Brake Kit (So Clean)
- Non-RevUp Lower Plenum
- Plenum Spacer
- RevUp Tune
- Aftermarket Coolant and Powersteering Res
- Carbon Fiber Wrap Interior Trim
- Fitted Stitched Floor Cover
- Heated Bucket Racing Seats
- G37 Sterling Wheel
- White Dash and AC/Clock
- Re-Wrap Interior Pillars and Roof Black
- Poly Nismo or Kumara Front Bumped
- Moshimoto Radiator w Low Profile Fans
- Strut Tower Brace
- Carbon Fiber Front Plenum Cover
- Underdrive Pulleys

The First night I got here and first photo

Interior was clean besides a few missing pieces and a stick drivers seat

Headlights where destroyed

First thing I did was a headlight restoration the next day lol

When I bought the car the guy gave me Truhart Adjustable Coilovers for free he never installed

Put a Z1 Midweoght flywheel and Excedy Stage 1 Clutch w the new True Dual Exhaust

Engine bay before I did any kind of work

The new floor mats

After she had the Coils thrown on

After I fixed the Driver seat

Polishing the Rims before I threw them on

Diamond w her new shoes

The progression

Front N1 Lip and Clear Corners (old clears popped out lol)

After the paint correction (not perfect but much much better went from gray to shining black) (can’t wait to wrap her) (took the headlight tint off)

Sanded the Plenum and Re-Wrapped the harness when I did the spark plugs along w a wire tuck and coolant res tuck

Old 04-02-2020, 12:25 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
She's come a long way and is in great hands for sure!
Congrats on bringing it back to life

The following users liked this post:
SevsG35 (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 12:36 PM
'05 G35 Coupe HR 6MT - Stillen LT In / DC Headers / Megan Resonated / JWT LW Clutch / Z1 HD CSC
Originally Posted by tiguy99
She's come a long way and is in great hands for sure!
Congrats on bringing it back to life
Ty Ty I appreciate it. Been a slow process but that always yields the best results! (Or at least that’s how I’m looking at it haha)

The following 2 users liked this post by SevsG35:
cleric670 (04-02-2020), tiguy99 (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by SevsG35
Ty Ty I appreciate it. Been a slow process but that always yields the best results! (Or at least that’s how I’m looking at it haha)
Anytime man!

​​​​​
How do you feel about a Nismo front bumper, Impul side skirts and carbon fiber roof wrap?

​​​​​​Did something like that on my old IP G Coupe.

Last edited by tiguy99; 04-03-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Anytime man!

​​​​​
How do you feel about a Nismo front bumper, Impul side skirts and carbon fiber roof wrap?

​​​​​​Did something like that on my old IP G Coupe.
I like the Nismo bumper a lot. I’ve seen some people take the N1 lip and properly mold it to the Nismo before painting and it looks really unique.

I liked the carbon fiber look but have only seen it on a roof on my friends s2k aftermarket hardtop. Personally I want to wrap the trunk and hood carbon and maybe leave the roof black when I wrap to tie it all together. We’ll see when I get to that bridge lol.

Did you happen to do the roof wrap yourself? I have four trunks (long story this is my second G) and was going to de-wing and then wrap one. Any tips for a first timer?

BTW I can tell that was a “throwback” post but clean cars dude!

Old 04-05-2020, 11:10 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
It's got 2 doors 😂
Looks good boss, thinking about doing away with my lowering springs and going with coilovers how do you like those truharts?

Old 04-06-2020, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by MurdaG
Looks good boss, thinking about doing away with my lowering springs and going with coilovers how do you like those truharts?
Thanks I appreciate it 🤙
I had Tiens on my last G and found the feel much smoother and like the control of height adjustment so you can zone it in how you like. I’m considering buying some BC’s in the future though because a friend has them on his 37 and they’re a bit more solid feeling (different car mind you)

Old 04-06-2020, 10:49 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
It's got 2 doors 😂
I've been looking at those teins as well and they are not a bad price for 700. I seen the truharts for 500 so that's why I was asking but I'll spend the extra 200. My 03 coupe had a similar life as yours before I got it a year half ago, a 21 year old kid had it and couldnt afford the up keep but only had 110,000 miles on it so. I've probably put another 2 grand in it to get it fully healthy and looking somewhat good now I'm redoing all suspension this year all bushings, ripping the springs out and doing coils the whole 9 then next year supercharger time is the plan.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by MurdaG
I've been looking at those teins as well and they are not a bad price for 700. I seen the truharts for 500 so that's why I was asking but I'll spend the extra 200. My 03 coupe had a similar life as yours before I got it a year half ago, a 21 year old kid had it and couldnt afford the up keep but only had 110,000 miles on it so. I've probably put another 2 grand in it to get it fully healthy and looking somewhat good now I'm redoing all suspension this year all bushings, ripping the springs out and doing coils the whole 9 then next year supercharger time is the plan.
that’s funny I bought mine off a twenty year old who had it a year at 120k and had no idea what he had. It takes time go get everything right. I want to wrap the car because it’s one of the few last things left to make her clean clean. The deniers and rear bumper are a bit beat but I have the ones from my old g still. Gonna wrap em and slap em in lol. I’m considering FI I’m the future also but want to get my plenum spacer, hfc and under-drive pulleys before a tune and see how I feel from there.

The following users liked this post:
MurdaG (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:44 AM
I like the Nismo bumper a lot. I’ve seen some people take the N1 lip and properly mold it to the Nismo before painting and it looks really unique.

I liked the carbon fiber look but have only seen it on a roof on my friends s2k aftermarket hardtop. Personally I want to wrap the trunk and hood carbon and maybe leave the roof black when I wrap to tie it all together. We’ll see when I get to that bridge lol.

Did you happen to do the roof wrap yourself? I have four trunks (long story this is my second G) and was going to de-wing and then wrap one. Any tips for a first timer?

BTW I can tell that was a “throwback” post but clean cars dude!
Hey Man!
to the throwback pics.

Back in the day ChicagoZ and JDMChicago were big out here.
Both sites died down over the years but MAN did we have alot of fun with these cars and of course tons of old looking pics lmao!

Tips for the trunk....Do all 4 trunks have spoilers?
Personally I like the minimal spoiler on the 06-07 trunks.

If you're in position to trade for one of those, I'd go that route and call it a day.
If you're hellbent against the OEM spoiler, I'd look into having a shop fill the holes and paint after removing the spoiler on one of the trunks you currently have.

IF I didn't have the K2 bumper I would have went with the Nismo.

I like the N1 molded on the bumper as well.
It looks CRAZY especially in Black!

As for my roof, I bought a wrap from BlueBat but had it painted Obsidian Black when the K2 was put on.

You mentioned SC for FI.
Are you considering Vortech or one of the Rotrex setups like HKS /GTM?

Last edited by tiguy99; 04-07-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:44 AM
Hey Man!
to the throwback pics.

Back in the day ChicagoZ and JDMChicago were big out here.
Both sites died down over the years but MAN did we have alot of fun with these cars and of course tons of old looking pics lmao!

Tips for the trunk....Do all 4 trunks have spoilers?
Personally I like the minimal spoiler on the 06-07 trunks.

If you're in position to trade for one of those, I'd go that route and call it a day.
If you're hellbent against the OEM spoiler, I'd look into having a shop fill the holes and paint after removing the spoiler on one of the trunks you currently have.

IF I didn't have the K2 bumper I would have went with the Nismo.

I like the N1 molded on the bumper as well.
It looks CRAZY especially in Black!

As for my roof, I bought a wrap from BlueBat but had it painted Obsidian Black when the K2 was put on.

You mentioned SC for FI.
Are you considering Vortech or one of the Rotrex setups like HKS /GTM?
Yea it looks really cool! K OK nice I get Diamond a little more clean (and this virus deal is done lol) I can’t wait for my second meet w her. I took her my first month of having her and decided to wait a bit before going again LOL.

I have one wingless badgeless, one wingless with all badges (currently installed for that clean oem look no 35’s have anymore, for the time being lol), the SUPER wing that came stock on 05 and the nice minimal oem wing on the 07. I agree with you the minimal wing is the best of the bunch. My wingless bagdeless one was damaged when I bought it and doesn’t sit flush so I want to toss that one and remove the super wing fill the gaps and wrap all three to change for different looks.

The Nismo with the N1 looks really nice molded and painted like you said, that’s the route I’m probably going to take.

As far as FI i personally want to Turbo setup although a SC is what everyone says to do. I’ve done a small bit of research on the FI company’s but decided I’ll start getting prepared for that road once I have everything else “done” ha.

At the moment on the build I’m waiting on my plenum spacer to come in, figuring out which HFC I’m going to purchase, finding info if the non-revup lower plenum on a RevUp w spacer and tune is “better” for optimal use of the powerband vs stock (heard it gins almost the same as the MREV2).

hey would you know anything about the last few things on my build? Lol thanks in advance!

Old 04-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Yea it looks really cool! K OK nice I get Diamond a little more clean (and this virus deal is done lol) I can’t wait for my second meet w her. I took her my first month of having her and decided to wait a bit before going again LOL.

I have one wingless badgeless, one wingless with all badges (currently installed for that clean oem look no 35’s have anymore, for the time being lol), the SUPER wing that came stock on 05 and the nice minimal oem wing on the 07. I agree with you the minimal wing is the best of the bunch. My wingless bagdeless one was damaged when I bought it and doesn’t sit flush so I want to toss that one and remove the super wing fill the gaps and wrap all three to change for different looks.

The Nismo with the N1 looks really nice molded and painted like you said, that’s the route I’m probably going to take.

As far as FI i personally want to Turbo setup although a SC is what everyone says to do. I’ve done a small bit of research on the FI company’s but decided I’ll start getting prepared for that road once I have everything else “done” ha.

At the moment on the build I’m waiting on my plenum spacer to come in, figuring out which HFC I’m going to purchase, finding info if the non-revup lower plenum on a RevUp w spacer and tune is “better” for optimal use of the powerband vs stock (heard it gins almost the same as the MREV2).

hey would you know anything about the last few things on my build? Lol thanks in advance!
Not sure about the last part.
I would start a thread in the FI section and see what happens.

There's a plethora of knowledge in that section.
I would study it like the bible at this point before you dive in

You're already on a good start towards your goal.
Are you planning to build your motor or run the stock block.

Last edited by tiguy99; 04-10-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:33 AM
Not sure about the last part.
I would start a thread in the FI section and see what happens.

There's a plethora of knowledge in that section.
I would study it like the bible at this point before you dive in

You're already on a good start towards your goal.
Are you planning to build your motor or run the stock block.
Sorry for ten years between responses been busy w this whole Corona ordeal and working on Diamond lol.

I currently plan on purchasing the turbo and setting up on the stock intervals under low boost once I’m finished with every single other mod I want to get done. It will be the last thing I do to the car before pulling the engine out for a forged rebuild and making big numbers. But mind you I’m taking my time and enjoying the process.

The following 2 users liked this post by SevsG35:
MurdaG (04-16-2020), tiguy99 (04-16-2020)