New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

G35 P0335 VDC SLIP help! (Car Starts Runs Fine)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6mt G coupe
G35 P0335 VDC SLIP help! (Car Starts Runs Fine)

Hello everyone, I have a 6mt 2003 g35 coupe. Its in great shape recently replaced the clutch and flywheel with an Exedy kit with Chromoly Flywheel. Ive replaced the crank sensor under car as well as replaced passenger cam sensor and will be installing the driver side cam sensor(under intake) tomorrow possibly. Before the job the car had no dash lights on at all. Occasionally the slip and vdc would turn off (lights turned on)while driving but a restart always fixed that immediately. (This was extremely rare with no CEL light to match it with) . Now i am aware that people will tell me to return my intermotor crank sensor and order infinity OEM. My mechanic doesn't seem to consider that to be a real solution and states that my car would not start and run 100% if that crank sensor wasnt getting signal. Now... rewind a bit. My car has a killswitch or mechanics lock whatever you want to call it. its very simple the car will not start without the headlights on. You get in car turn *** push clutch start car. Doesnt really have issues starting. Does not shut off while driving or have those Rev surges or weird stuff going on. I have a nice amount of power and besides that annoying dual mass to single mass clutch chatter i expected to get. It shifts smooth and i have no problems in that area. I was considering returning the second cam sensor and taking new crank sensor out and ordering OEM(since i have no engine light for that p0340 or p0345. Ive cleared the codes and theyve come back. Sometimes it took a few starts or sometimes 10 mins driving. I did ecu reset with gas pedal it came back after 5 mins. Before i took car home from shop because they recommended i drive it a bit and it might sort itself out. They looked for relearn procedures with there scanner. But there scanner is not a consult 2 or 3 device. This is a mom and pop shop with a high end snap on scanner. I did get my hands on it(i work there occasionally) and i looked around and i did not see much regarding any kind of relearn procedures besides throttle and idle relearn. However some people have stated that after new clutch that light and vdc slip and p0335 pesky code has come up and after driving it for a while. It went away and never came back. Today i disconnected positive terminal and i pumped the brakes. Waiting 15 minutes and drove roughly 35 minutes home. The engine light and vdc and slip are off... as of tonight. I recently replaced all suspension and new tires and loads of new parts and am in line for fresh inspection stickers. I need this engine light to go away and stay away so i can drive it the required miles to pass insp and emission. I know this topic has been highly debated. However i feel my mechanic isnt extremely familiar with the nissan infinity family. And has recommeneded i do the other cam sensor as well and i do not feel that is related whatsoever to the crank code but i could be wrong. At the current moment those lights are still off. Will be testing and driving it again tomorrow.If anyone can provide any insight or thoughts as to why my vehicle runs with no issues( hard starts multiple cranks stutters shut offs rev surges and the usual symptoms) Definitely a frustrating issue

Old 08-20-2020, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6mt G coupe
Okay so my lights did all come back on. Looks like im going to proceed with an OEM sensor against recommendation from mechanic and see if that fixes it..