New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2020 | 03:03 AM
|
G35X
Radio

Ok has anyone else tried to install a touch screen radio in place of the screen to the GPS that pops up out of the dash. I'm only asking because I was thinking about leaving the factory radio so it would still look stock but have my touch screen pop up out the dash instead of the GPS screen. I never use it anyway. Any thoughts on the idea or if anyone else has done this let me know

Old 11-21-2020 | 09:23 PM
6mt Brembo pkg
Are you looking at a double din touch screen? If so, you might have a hard time finding the right aftermarket trim piece. A double din (or single din, for that matter) might not fit behind the spot where the GPS system is mounted. It seems like it can be done, maybe with some custom fabrication, but that seems like more trouble than it's worth to me. You also would need to disconnect the factory radio from the wiring harness (located behind the dash) in order to plug in the aftermarket touch screen... rendering the stock head unit unusable. If you are going for the stock look, I would personally mount a single din head unit somewhere in the glove box, like the classic car purists do.