New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New member! Would appreciate some help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Hello! I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this, but I would appreciate some help.

I’ve been a G35 lover for most of my life. I’ve been interested in purchasing one for a few years but haven’t found the perfect one yet. I’m interested in a clean, low-mileage 2004 sedan with a 6-speed manual transmission and the premium and aero packages. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I understand that it’ll be hard to find what I’m looking for, but I’m happy to wait.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by brsrk; 10-30-2022 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:24 PM
Received 337 Likes on 288 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Welcome aboard to the board (old guy here. I remember BBS era...)

I'd put a Want To Buy (WTB) ad in the private marketplace on the off chance you might catch a member that wants to sell, but my feel of things is that you will more likely find something out in the broader world. Folks here love these cars, so the partings are going to be low volume and catch as catch can. Be sure to include in your post your part of the country.

Your patience will be rewarded; lower mileage, well-cared for cars can still be found. You just have to wait and keep looking for one to pop up. A 6MT sedan is going to be more rare, so more patience required. Have your money (or financing pre-approved) ready, including the funds for a pre-purchase inspection. You will probably have to move quickly to win the sweepstakes if you see one.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Thanks for the warm welcome and words of wisdom!

Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
I'd put a Want To Buy (WTB) ad in the private marketplace on the off chance you might catch a member that wants to sell
I would have done this, but my account doesn’t meet the requirements to post there.

Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Folks here love these cars, so the partings are going to be low volume and catch as catch can.
I completely understand the love for these cars. This post is largely intended to show my interest for anyone who is considering or may eventually consider selling their car.

Last edited by brsrk; 07-09-2022 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:58 AM
Received 337 Likes on 288 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by brsrk
I would have done this, but my account doesn’t meet the requirements to post there.
Good on you for finding it and reading the "rules." You seem to be a rarity in that regard.

That said, I think it's a soft rule, and since you aren't actually selling anything, I think it would be OK to post a WTB ad.

If we go back and forth a couple more times, you'll have the 5 required posts, anyway!

Old 10-12-2021, 09:35 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,157 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Just make a few more posts over the next week and you'll have access to the marketplace in no time.

Definitely make threads on your local Facebook marketplace and Craigslist, those two usually get a lot more traffic.

Personally I would look for 2005-2006 only if you wanted a V35 chassis, there was a mid-year revision for 2005 and they made some good changes to things, plus you get the rev-up engine with the 6MT transmission and I prefer it over the base VQ35DE.