New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:29 PM
gtr proto test driver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love the color keep it clean bro

Old 09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It amazing how the AB looks so much like the CB. But up close it's not even close the AB is a lot darker.

Attached Thumbnails Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT-im000160.jpg  
Old 09-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by jorell
Thanks...I'm a fan of blue cars as well. First car in high school (Celica) was blue, had a blue Subie Outback at the end of college, and my Boxster is dark (lapis) blue.

This Athens Blue is a shade lighter than my previous cars...but I'm lovin' it. How would you compare AB to CB? Maybe AB's a little less 'candy'?

Saw your other post as well...that's my coworker's Lakeshore 6MT. We've got 3/4 of the G's blues covered with my AB, his Lakeshore, and another coworker's TB. Join the party and make it 4 for 4!
well u guys should go talk to ur boss and tell him some nice things about me ... or rather the Huge Need of my car on the parking lot

Old 09-28-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by glennp_1999
It amazing how the AB looks so much like the CB. But up close it's not even close the AB is a lot darker.
is that ur car??????????????

Old 09-29-2005, 12:05 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that's GlennP's car with the blue calipers It depends, tonight I was looking at my AB under some street lamp and it looked exactly like CB. In the twilight and at night it looks like a really dark blue. CB has some aqua hues that AB doesn't have. Here's the pics that I had promised you a long time ago

Old 09-29-2005, 12:08 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Jorell is this the lapis blue Porsche color? Because if it is what I'm thinking of, it's a gorgeous color. Now where are the pics of the two cars?

Attached Thumbnails Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT-51058892.jpg  
Old 09-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by blueSKYLINE
is that ur car??????????????
Yep, yep!

Attached Thumbnails Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT-im000148.jpg   Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT-im000155.jpg  
Old 09-29-2005, 01:39 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by glennp_1999
Yep, yep!
Holy smack, I have my engine cover painted the same way but AB, and I have the same stillen airbox

Old 09-29-2005, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Jorell is this the lapis blue Porsche color? Because if it is what I'm thinking of, it's a gorgeous color. Now where are the pics of the two cars?
That could be it...kinda hard to tell. There are three blues for Porsches (available within the past 5 or 6 years) that could be mistaken for each other: Midnight Blue, Ocean Blue and Lapis Blue. Midnight is probably the truest blue of them all...beautiful color that wasn't available for the 986 (the last generation Boxster)...at least, when I got mine. Ocean Blue has a hint of green in it (green=algae?? heheh...). Lapis (mine) has a hint of purple in some lighting conditions.

I've gotten countless compliments on the color...while loading groceries, while washing the car, waiting at a light...

No pics of both cars together, as my garage isn't the ideal place to have a photoshoot. And it's hard to keep both clean at the same time...while the G gets driven, the Box collects dust (and vice-versa).

I'll post pics of the Box when I get to the office tomorrow morn. Thanks for the compliments.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:02 AM
[QUOTE=Finiti35]Yeah that's GlennP's car with the blue calipers It depends, tonight I was looking at my AB under some street lamp and it looked exactly like CB. In the twilight and at night it looks like a really dark blue. CB has some aqua hues that AB doesn't have. Here's the pics that I had promised you a long time ago

So that's what my G will look like with the clear corners and tint...perfect! Hahah...

Great looking rides...both of them.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by blueSKYLINE
well u guys should go talk to ur boss and tell him some nice things about me ... or rather the Huge Need of my car on the parking lot

Not currently hiring for web developers in my group, but our company may be looking for some software engineers. You gonna make the move from Chi-town to El-Lay? Heheh...

Extra points if you can appreciate a nice ride: G's...Porsches...M's...R32/33/34's...AE86's...American Muscle...Imports...EuroTrash...crotch rockets!! I'll take one each!

Old 09-29-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by S-Tuned
love the color keep it clean bro
Thanks.

Care to share a pic of yours? Saw your mod list...wow.

Fairly new to the board, so I'm not familiar with who drives what.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Holy smack, I have my engine cover painted the same way but AB, and I have the same stillen airbox
Have I met you before chief? Do you go to the GTG in Chino Hills? Not a lot of AB G's going to the meet so I was just curious. Looks like you have seen my car but I don't recall seeing yours. Anyways, hope you can make out so I can check your ride.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Not currently hiring for web developers in my group, but our company may be looking for some software engineers. You gonna make the move from Chi-town to El-Lay? Heheh...

Extra points if you can appreciate a nice ride: G's...Porsches...M's...R32/33/34's...AE86's...American Muscle...Imports...EuroTrash...crotch rockets!! I'll take one each!
Come out to the GTG in Chino Hills if you want to check out all the cool looking G's. Not today but next Thursday is the meet. Hope to see you guys there.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:32 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
So that's what my G will look like with the clear corners and tint...perfect! Hahah...

Great looking rides...both of them.
Those pics were taken when my car was brand new, if you want pics of how Athens blue looks with the factory front lip, just PM me your e-mail and I'll send you some

Btw how are Porsches on reliability? I've been TOYING with the idea of picking up a 00/01 996, but don't want to go through a maintenance nightmare. If I bought another car, it would more than likely be an M3 with warranty, but for the same money the P-car is worth giving it a try.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here's my '05 Athens Blue 6MT