New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Joining the G35 Family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joining the G35 Family

Just got her a week ago: 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT w/ Premium Package

I'm so happy to be able to post here as an owner, well lessee of a G35. My name is Richard del Rosario and I am the Internet/Fleet Manager at Motor City Auto Center in Bakersfield, CA. I do Internet/Fleet sales for our Buick-Pontiac-GMC division. We also sell Saturn and Lexus. Everyone at work is giving me a hard time for buying a brand that we do not carry, especially one that is a direct competitor to one of our brands (Lexus). But... in the end, its my money. I have always wanted the G35 since its introduction which is before I started working there.

When I started shopping for a new car, I wanted a few things. I wanted something comfortable, a good performer, a manual transmission, rear wheel drive, and made sense to lease. I wanted something comfy because of the car I was coming out of, which I will reveal in a second. A good former because I wanted something fun for my money and I guess being a manual tranny and having rear wheel drive contributed to that. I looked at the 350Z, G35, GTO, IS350 Sedan, IS350 Coupe and S2000. When me and my fiance started to shop, we eliminated the 350Z and the S2000 because they were 2 seaters. We don't have anyone that we carry around with us, but wanted the flexibility of having a rear seat for either luggage or even people occationally. The IS350 Coupe was out because it is still a year away from release and I couldn't wait for a new car that long. The IS350 Sedan was out because I already have a 2005 IS300 (for my fiance) and didn't really care to have 2 similar cars. It came down to the GTO and the G35 coupe. I've driven the GTO tons of times and I really like it. Just all the raw power was so addicting. It was comfortable and the Tremec 6spd was awesome and a proven performer. The small block Chevy 6.0L V8, though some say is dated, is proven technology and again provide a ton of power. The G35 has always been a dream of mine. I have driven a friend's G35 and I know it had plenty of enough power to satisfy me, its very comfortable, and damn beautiful.

So... I ended up with the G35 because its damn beautiful, a better lease, oh and its damn beautiful. I am coming out of a 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S GT-300. I won't get into the details but it's has a custom turbo last dynoed at 247fwhp and 220lbs/ft torque, a well setup suspension, and to me it looked damn good (picture below). I love the car, but its not comfortable because of how tight the suspension is setup and its very very low so I have to slow down at every dip, driveway, and speed bump. Basically I need something more grown up without sacrificing the performance aspect.

I've put just under 500 miles on her so far, and will put as close to the 36K miles in the 2 years I pre-paid the lease for. I've always known I wanted the G35, but now I know how great it actually is first hand. I'll post more on my experience, but so far I'm loving being able to toss the car around corners and add some throttle to compensate for not enough steering input. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I just bought an XM receiver for the factory deck from a fellow member. I'm also going to order an OE spoiler for her. I'll post pictures when I get that put on.

Here's a pictures of my previous car. Oh and she's for sale just incase anyone is interested.

Last edited by Andrick; 09-22-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Enjoy that new G.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:10 PM
You could make a movie, "From Rice to Ice"

I keed I keed, the Celica looks good, congrats on your G!

Old 09-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Well... the people at Turbo Magazine didn't think it was rice. It was featured on Turbo & High-Tech Performance on Sept. 2004.

Richard

Old 09-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Andrick
Well... the people at Turbo Magazine didn't think it was rice. It was featured on Turbo & High-Tech Performance on Sept. 2004.

Richard
I did the Triumph the Insult dog "I keed I keed" that should relieve my culpability. Congrats on get'n in Turbo anyway.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Oh, well no I didn't get upset or anything. I know you were just kidding. I know getting into my G35 was an upgrade.