New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Pending

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pending

Can I drop here with a status of 'pending'? I just dropped back off, after a 24-hour test drive, an 03 6MT Premium Sport Black/Black. 39,000 mls. I've got him at $25,000. The car has some flaws that many of you have experienced, and have been kind enough to educate me through leaving searchable posts, that will almost surely be handled under warranty: driver's power window doesn't work, Gas tank won't fill-up issue, and grind when shifting to third.

The thing that I have insisted they handle first, though, is that someone put some crazy dub's in the car, and the tires rub under moderate cornering.

I'm trying to keep my head, but there were some smiles involved during test drive procedures.

Cheers.

Old 09-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Get the seller to get all those things fixed before you buy. It won't cost him anything if he is still under warranty. You are probably intoxicated with the G right now, but if you can't get those things resolved under warranty, it might turn into a real headache. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, I agree with the previous poster. If nothing else, those items, which cannot be resolved can be a bargaining chip for you, if you are dead set on that particular G. Good luck!

Old 09-27-2005, 09:30 AM
good advice

This is very good advice, thank you. I have used the flaws to get the seller, which is a nissan dealership, to get to 25k. The Nissan dealership is an arch-rival of the state's only Infiniti dealership, who also owns a nissan dealership. The salesman tells me, and I am inclined to give him this one, that they would probably sit on the car for a week if their competitor brought it to them for warranty service.

At the end of the day, I do like this car. It's a 6mt, and those are hard to come by in my neck of the woods, new or used. BUT, I can easily walk away still - I still have a Prelude with an easy little payment that will probably never need to be in the shop other than scheduled.

The window and gas tank should be unequivocally covered under warranty, but certainly the tranny grinding into third could be a battle. I know that I could end up springing for a clutch at the time, or worse, they just won't do it under warranty at all. This gives me pause.