New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

im a new owner. can someone help me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2006 | 07:38 PM
|
im a new owner. can someone help me?

So i used to own a Honda s2000 highly modded but recently totalled it now i just purchased a used 04 g35 with about 19K miles fairly new still... i love the car an all except the fact that it feels so wide and doesnt handle as well as my S but either way i really like the car... BUT i noticed my premium sounds get distorted at random times... ill be driving then ill brake and the sounds cut in half or some of the speakers stop working then after awhile it'll come back...anyone else have this problem or know any solutions?

also the cigerette lighter to the right of my leg doesnt seem to work. ill press it in and itll just pop back out, i tried holding it in and it doesnt really charge.

anyone have any suggesstions towards a solution ? thanks for the help in advance

Jimmy

Old 03-02-2006 | 07:51 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by jimbonuttz
So i used to own a Honda s2000 highly modded but recently totalled it now i just purchased a used 04 g35 with about 19K miles fairly new still... i love the car an all except the fact that it feels so wide and doesnt handle as well as my S but either way i really like the car... BUT i noticed my premium sounds get distorted at random times... ill be driving then ill brake and the sounds cut in half or some of the speakers stop working then after awhile it'll come back...anyone else have this problem or know any solutions?

also the cigerette lighter to the right of my leg doesnt seem to work. ill press it in and itll just pop back out, i tried holding it in and it doesnt really charge.

anyone have any suggesstions towards a solution ? thanks for the help in advance

Jimmy
Welcome Jimmy, and congrats on the G.
Sounds like you need a trip to the dealer for some warranty work on the sound system.
The cig-lighter probably just needs a new lighter section.
G/L with repairs.
C.

Old 03-02-2006 | 08:01 PM
most g's out there has the same problem with one side of the speakers not working. I think it is mostly when you are playing a cd. Radio is fine. I had the cd changer changed once and now its fine. Regarding the cig. light, ya I would take the car to the dealer and have them check it out. Probably a blown fuse something minor. good luck and welcome.

Old 03-02-2006 | 08:23 PM
Mmhm...
take it to the dealer! do you still have a warranty? how much did you get the car for if you dont mind me asking.
and any pics of the "highly moded" s2k?

Old 03-04-2006 | 03:56 AM
the cig lighter in my car hasnt worked very well (have to hold it for about 2-3 minutes which is hard with a 6mt). Sounds liek you need to turn of one of the settings... i would go look mine and tell you what its actually called, but i have an aftermarket radio now. Its something that i first didnt know why the soudn would cut in half at differnet times. I think it has to do with how much noise your car is making and the radio gets louder with your car or soemthing like that. Its hit the same button that makes it go to bass/trebel i believe and there is one thing that you can turn off. svc control or something i dunno... i havent changed it since about a year and a half ago. If no one else tells you what im talking about, i'll go check in my mom's g35x for you.... I really dont think you need a trip to the dealer though for the radio. I dont know what the deal is with the cig lighter but i know that i have the same problem... i just have learned to live without and just have a mini bic in my car for backup (i never take it out). Hopefully i wont need it anymore cause after a little over 4 years of being a smoker i recently quit... i havent been this long without a cig for about 2 years.. i know for those of you that know my age please dont give me the lecture... i realize now that it was not "cool" to start smoking in junior high

Old 03-04-2006 | 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
You are still under warranty . . . And as such, as others have mentioned . . . Take your new ride down to your local dealer for a look. Congrats on your new ride and welcome to Driver. Enjoy!

Old 03-04-2006 | 01:27 PM
WOOOOW DONT LISTEN TO ANY OF THESE GUYS ABOUT YOUR RADIO!!! NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT!!!! jesus... read my post. im going outside to my moms g35x and i'll tell you what the setting is called and what exactly it is...

Old 03-04-2006 | 01:31 PM
hit the "audio" button (right under the volume) like 4 times. it'll go through bass, treble, fader, balance, and then it will be SCV. There are 4 settings high, med, low, and OFF. You want to turn it to OFF

Old 03-04-2006 | 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
^^^ Yeah, that should resolve the cigarette lighter issue, as well.

Old 03-04-2006 | 04:06 PM
looks like everyone said it all......welcome to the boards =)

Old 03-12-2006 | 06:48 AM
WHY SMOKE IN YOUR CAR!!!!

just kidding

Old 03-21-2006 | 12:53 PM
|
thanks everyone for your advice warm welcome and help.... raznips thanks for the info i'll go and try that a little later today when im in the car to see if it'll fix the issue. either way i still have warranty and the dealer was willing to replace my cdunit and fix mylighter + trunk release issue so i'll probably just give it to them and let them handle it.

anyways as for pictures of my S or what of it check below....pictures are old and doesnt show the Supercharger and or roll cage.

Old 03-22-2006 | 11:24 AM
|
Originally Posted by Raznips
WOOOOW DONT LISTEN TO ANY OF THESE GUYS ABOUT YOUR RADIO!!! NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT!!!! jesus... read my post. im going outside to my moms g35x and i'll tell you what the setting is called and what exactly it is...

thanks for the advice i did what you said and it seemed to help for a bit but the problem came back even there after i changed that svc setting... its at the dealership right now getting worked on while i sit in the waiting room *waiting* thanks for effort though

Old 03-23-2006 | 09:22 PM
Warranty fellow Jimbo...Warranty. Thats about it, have a good one.

-Jimbo