New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

The Wait

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Wait

5 weeks has passed since I ordered my Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT - Prem, Navi, RAS, Aero. It'll be coming in from Japan as there's none available here in the US. I didn't order the mud guards b'coz when I built the car in Edmunds, it's an item that's normally added on the car. But as I browsed thru the forums now, I'm thinking I should have. Is it too late to add that on my order and just wait till the car comes in? They told me the car should come in in about 90-120 days tho the dealer says it should be here before then. Dealer also told me they can install the clear bra for $600 but didn't go thru in detail as to what they would cover or what brand it is. I've read that ClearShield's the best but the closest installer is 1.5 hours away. Think I should go for the dealer's or go for the long drive with no paint protection? Thanks in advance. Damn I hate waiting...

Old 04-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm with you. I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and was told yesterday it would be 7-8 more weeks! They have confirmation of my order and its now on the to be built list. I am getting impatient, especially when I see a G on the road. I ordered the splash guards so I don't know about adding them, call your salesperson and ask them. I'm sure the sooner the better. Where are you located? Maybe our cars will get to ride over from Japan together. I ordered mine through Infiniti of Oxnard, but I live in Pismo Beach.
Lisa

Old 04-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Too bad, I'm on the opposite side of Continental USA - Jacksonville, Fl. You'd probably get yours sooner since you're closer. I'll let you guys know when I get mine, tho. My dealer just gave me a courtesy call today, telling me that I may have to wait the full 120 days Well, as long as everything goes well with my G, I'm ok with that. Forgot to ask him about the mud guards. I'll call him tomorrow. He told me they install Roadblock (never heard of this one) clear bra for $699, told me to come by so he can show me which parts are covered.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Hang in there guys...I also ordered mine two months ago...no updates from my dealer.

I realize its a popular car...but in reality why does it take so long? I once visited the Volvo Truck factory in Virginia. They build 100 trucks a day...and those are big-*** diesel semi trucks.

My neighbor ordered his 2005 3-series vert last year. Took 4 weeks to get built and delivered from Germany.

ah well...hopefully I can get some summer-time cruising in!!!