NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

got ticket for loud music

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got ticket for loud music

hey guys I was in manhattan yesterday night just coming back from dinner and I guess i did have the music up pretty loud on the drive home. well i got a ticket from an nypd officer and on the ticket it states the offense was "unreasonable noise" i admit to it. is this points on your license?any point in trying to fight it?is it just a fine I pay and be done with it?any advice would help.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i pretty sure it won't put points on ur license... if u saw the cop u shoulda turned it down a lil for the two seconds u were close to him...

Old 08-16-2006, 11:18 AM
actaully i didnt the cop was in the doorway of an unlit store..but thanks

Old 08-16-2006, 11:44 AM
that blows i always lower my music when i see da po po but if he was hiding that sucks. What kinda system u running stock? bose? aftermarket?

Old 08-16-2006, 11:48 AM
nah i was running stock so you would think it wouldnt be that bad..but our systems are pretty loud especially since the place where i got teh ticket was desolate..no other cars nearby or any type of sound so of course my system would sound louder. i bet if i was in traffic the cop wouldnt know the difference...i hate the pigs lol!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
If you are stock I would fight it!

Old 08-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea the stock systems are loud.. but not that loud where ur gettin a ticket... i thought u had subs an were playin loud... but getting a ticket from a stock system?? i would fight it too.. whats the worst that can happen... u lose and u have to pay?...

Old 08-16-2006, 12:22 PM
no its the days off i have to take to fight it..i dont have the sick days/vacation days to take..if its just a fine..i will suck it in and do some overtime to pay for it...i wanna fight it but it might be too much of a hassle...i am not rich but i dont have time or inclination to fight it.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by 04Gwhiz
no its the days off i have to take to fight it..i dont have the sick days/vacation days to take..if its just a fine..i will suck it in and do some overtime to pay for it...i wanna fight it but it might be too much of a hassle...i am not rich but i dont have time or inclination to fight it.
Post pone it a few times. I know your situation though. I get parking tix all the time at the train station and some are my fault and some are BS. It's like the town knows you're not going to take a day off from work to fight a $25 ticket......but man after paying over 1K last year in parking tix, it is starting to **** me off!

Old 08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
if u fight it u will defenitely win.. i got a ticket for loud music as well in my old car and it was louder than our stock sys.. i plead not guilty went to court in a matter of 15mins it got dismissed because the officer didnt have a sound meter.. spl it think its called... i know it sucks taking a day off but see if u can do it during lunch or something. dont give ur money away for free..

Old 08-16-2006, 05:09 PM
yeah i guess your right.if i fight it would i have to see the officer again? he didnt like the way i carried myself eventhough i wasnt rude in anyway.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
A few years ago I was sitting in traffic on a highway near me, I had two 12" subs in my car and I was blasting some music pretty loud. but it was like noon and I thought nothing of it, besides being a PITA to the people around me that didnt like my music. After a few min a detective jumped out of his unmarked car that was like 4 or 5 cars in front of me that i didnt notice. He started yelling at me to turn my music down and all this. So I did, and we had some words back and forth. We kept drving up the highway in traffic, I moved over to the left lane and wound up passing him, giving him a dirty look on the way. The SOB called my house later that night and told my parents to tell me the tickets were in the mail. the b@stard MAILED me a failure to stay right ticket and a tailgaiting ticket, WHILE IN BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC!!!! But I got back at them, went to court and lied to the prosecutor and he dropped the tailgaiting ticket because I said I mailed in the payment for the failure to stay right, then I got a summons saying I didnt go to court for the failure to stay right, when I went back I said they dropped that ticket when they dropped the tailgaiting ticket (different pros & judge)(also like a month later). So they dropped that ticket as well, so all it did was take me two nights of sitting in court and wound up paying nothing. LOL.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
just fight it... probably a rookie cop. i love going to court b/c for some reason the officers always have errors in their notes or tickets

Old 10-17-2006, 03:09 PM
IC Paul
How come they don't give those guys on the loud A@@ Harleys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got ticket for loud music