NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Goodbye G35driver__New EVO IX (pics!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by s14roller
Pearl...I assume you're the guy who's friends with Dominic L...I work with him...he had mentioned his buddy had a white G who went to a black EVO9 recently. Small world if you're that guy...

I'm almost never on this forum but was browsing today and saw this thread...Here was a pic of my G and what I went to. Good choice with the EVO.

Woah, small world indeed! Jack right??? Dom is one of my best friends and always talks about how your the only other guy hes ever met that is as "into cars" as i am. hahaha. I have heard all about that P-car and am glad to finally see it...well done on that for sure.

As for the Evo IX, yea, it was time for something FAST and i wasnt about to drop 15k on a TT kit for my G so here i am. I keep telling myself to "take it easy" on mods, but i dont think itll hapeen. Any plans for the 911? Tell Dom i said waaassup when you see him at work...

Later,

Jon

Old 10-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by RRG35
Good luck I work for that company and that is not the newest body style.good luck your tires will be out after 10,000 miles and clutch will cost you too 12,000 miles, your brembo brake colors will fade they had problem with it. your turbo will go if normal drive 13,500. aggressiive will be 11,000 iles.SO good luck hope you have money save up for all the parts.

what what what ? that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard

Old 10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by TSW910
same here. oh well...

Old 10-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by RRG35
Good luck I work for that company and that is not the newest body style.good luck your tires will be out after 10,000 miles and clutch will cost you too 12,000 miles, your brembo brake colors will fade they had problem with it. your turbo will go if normal drive 13,500. aggressiive will be 11,000 iles.SO good luck hope you have money save up for all the parts.

Originally Posted by TSW910

Funny because my friend got a 1. new turbo 2. new tranny 3. new engine 4. Axel, all in 6 months of owning his Evo. He bought it second hand from a dealer and it only had 15K miles, good thing it was still under warranty so it was replaced for free. Now after he got sick of it that he traded it for a BMW (Auto) .

Old 10-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by AthenG
Funny because my friend got a 1. new turbo 2. new tranny 3. new engine 4. Axel, all in 6 months of owning his Evo. He bought it second hand from a dealer and it only had 15K miles, good thing it was still under warranty so it was replaced for free. Now after he got sick of it that he traded it for a BMW (Auto) .
I have heard some horror stories as well, thats not what i was commenting on. I was commenting on the way the dude worded his post, didnt have ANYTHING nice to say at all, and can barely form a sentence.

Sorry to hear about your friends EVO. I hope i have better luck with mine!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
Woah, small world indeed! Jack right??? Dom is one of my best friends and always talks about how your the only other guy hes ever met that is as "into cars" as i am. hahaha. I have heard all about that P-car and am glad to finally see it...well done on that for sure.

As for the Evo IX, yea, it was time for something FAST and i wasnt about to drop 15k on a TT kit for my G so here i am. I keep telling myself to "take it easy" on mods, but i dont think itll hapeen. Any plans for the 911? Tell Dom i said waaassup when you see him at work...

Later,

Jon
Jon,
Yeah...that's me! I like the EVO and think you made a good choice. A few bolt-ons and a flash will be enough I'm sure.
The 911 has a EVO V-Flow intake, Fabspeed exhaust, B&M SSK, Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, and some other small goodies. HOPEFULLY nothing else goes in lol. I've already spent too much money switching cars and whatnot.
Ttyl,
Jack

Old 10-16-2006, 11:13 PM
I have heard some horror stories as well, thats not what i was commenting on. I was commenting on the way the dude worded his post, didnt have ANYTHING nice to say at all, and can barely form a sentence.

Sorry to hear about your friends EVO. I hope i have better luck with mine!
Wish you luck. Hey, maybe one day I'll join you coz the need for speed is really catching up on me.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Btw the brembo paint flaking was only on the earlier models and it was because people were cleaning their wheels with some harsh sh#t.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:42 AM
where did u get ur back bumper

Old 10-17-2006, 12:41 PM
well, as a current EVO owner, the horror stories are true .. but to an extend.

if you treat your evo with care and not beat on it like a asshat .. example, burnouts, donuts and constant clutch dumps, your EVO will hold up ! .. i've had my evo for 3 yrs now and been to the track to collect enough time slips to make a book and on road courses as well .. of course things did break in my evo, but that was due to personal failure to yeild to caution ..

but EVOs breaking on its own, thats insane unless you bought a brand new lemon or just a lemon used .. on clutch going and tranny going on its own, seriously think about it .. without beating, how can a clutch and tranny go ?

Old 11-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned
hey dude, nice evo, if you need anything for it, i do a ton of evo stuff on evolutionm.net, as i'm a vendor on there. just shoot me a pm!!!

Old 11-10-2006, 11:01 AM
congrats on the new ride Jon... i too have been thinking about trading the G for something AWD and fun to drive.... YEA, IT's GOT A HEMI lol

Old 11-13-2006, 11:57 AM
gtr proto test driver
congrats on new car.... im getting a new car soon too. 350z might be just around the corner for me, cant wait to get back to the VQ35

Old 11-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Hope you are enjoying the new car. Your old G is very nice.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:22 PM
gtr proto test driver
Chester County Airport. I live about 1/2 mile from there.

U been there?

na bro, but im the aviation industry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Goodbye G35driver__New EVO IX (pics!)