NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Jim Coleman Infiniti Comments?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jim Coleman Infiniti Comments?

I just test drove a 6MT Sedan at Jim Coleman in Bethesda, MD. Great car, and they are my closest dealer. Does anyone here have any comments about the sale and service so far? The have only one 6MT in stock, and they are telling me that 6MT's are going for sticker price which is crazy, and I'm not about to pay it.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jim Coleman Infiniti Comments?

Yeah I ended up buying from them. What happened is that I was the first person ever to put a deposit down for a G35c at Rosenthal Infiniti in VA. My salesman said that when more information was available, he would give me a call and get down what options I wanted. He also said that I had priority since I put my deposit down before anyone else. Well, he called me some months later (after I called him numerous times to inquire) and told me, "We have a black on black coming in, take it or leave it. If you leave it, you won't get a coupe for another six months." I was sooo pissed. He basically gave me no options, I wanted DG not black, I wanted XM not Sirius (back when we all thought we were going to get satellite radio) and I wanted willow, not black on the inside. So I canceled the order and went with Infiniti of Timmonium. Well, I had talked to two reps at Jim Coleman (where I originally test drove the sedan to get an overall feel for the car, but was turned off when the salesman said, "We aren't going to have those coupes for another year (complete lie). This (the sedan) is what we have now."). A salesperson over there said that she would "call me if anything came up." Well one day, before my car preordered car had even arrived at Timmonium, I got a call from a salesman at Jim Coleman that said they had a fully loaded DG on willow coupe in their first allocation that was unclaimed and had just come in twenty minutes prior to that. Originally I didn't want the aero or nav, but the fact that the car was sitting on the lot enticed me to buy it. Everything went smoothly from there. From that aspect, I am happy with Jim Coleman.

Now the bad stuff...They didn't give me the pizza box full of stuff until months later, they scratched my rim and refused to pay for it, they screwed up a friends car really bad, but the damage was internal and wasn't evident until years later (now) when he needed to get some repairs from another body shop. Now they refuse to pay for it because it has been so long.

Overall, I have mixed opinions of Jim Coleman. I don't think I would trust them to do much, but at the same time they aren't a horrible place to buy from. No where near outstanding, and they don't know their stuff, but they did call me promptly and because of them I have my car. I am going to try to get that grease streak TSB and the rattling TSB fixed, I'll tell you how it turns out. Hopefully they don't give me petty any petty excuses. Hope that helps!

Old 11-05-2003, 09:12 AM

Thanks for the info. I will keep my guard up and check all the dealers in the area. Let me know how the service turns out, becuase they are my closest dealer by 20 miles, so chances are I will be getting service done there. But I have no problem buying from anywhere in the MD, VA, DE area.

Old 11-06-2003, 06:01 PM

I bought a 6MT Coupe there a month ago and my experience was positive. They hit a nice balance between too laid back and too pushy. I visited a couple of other Infiniti dealers in the Balt/DC area and the attitiude, though not unpleasent, was "we have nice cars, let us know if you're interested in buying one." I never heard back from them. JCI, on the other hand, follwoed up when a car came in close to what I wanted. It was close enough that they won the business.

They did deal on the Coupe, even though I (initially) got the same line on that car as you're hearing on the Sedan. But, keep in mind the 6MT Coupe has been around a bit longer. My guess is that if the car is still on the lot at the end of the month, you'll be able to get something off. But you run the risk of somebody walking in before then and paying list. The 6MT sedan is still pretty rare.

I haven't had any service done yet, so I don't know about that.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:25 PM

Update: JUST received my 3750 Mile Service Letter from Jim Coleman. It has been 11 months since I've had my car. The letter says, "Your mileage at this time should be approximately 3750." WTF!! They obviously sent this service letter WAYY too late. They expect that I have only driven 3750 in 11 months? Man...but anyway, yeah, Jim Coleman is the closest place to me too. I live in Potomac (near Rockville) so they are 2.9 miles away from me. I have Rosenthal 8.5 miles away from me and Passport 16.3 miles away from me.

As I said, I will post when I get my service and TSBs done. Also JUST got in the mail from Infiniti a Safety Recall Notice stating that the brake lamp switch in my vehicle may malfunction so I should take it to Jim Coleman to get it replaced. I think I should do the headlight adjustment before I take it in because they will probably put those damn caps on.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:09 AM

I bought my G35 Sedan from Jim Coleman in March 2002, now have 21,000 miles. The sales process was good, fair price and fair value on my trade. Till this day, I have never received a follow up phone call from Jim Coleman. I had my tires rotated and what not at 7500 and 15000, there are now marks on the rim from the tire rotations, rims have scratches around the outer corners, and they can not wash a car for the life of them. I recently had some body work done. They are a State Farm shop, guy who hit me in the rear was state farm insurance, work was good, forgot to put back on the G35 emblem. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone, typical Bethesda/Potomac pre madonna BS.

Old 11-09-2003, 09:28 PM

Got my sedan there soon after they came out last year and have been VERY happy- I bought the car from them cause of a fair price, friendly and knowledgable sales staff (Jim) and have had excellent service experience (Dennis). The ONLY prob encountered was the need for and cost of pads and rotor turning at 24 k miles and after bitching sufficiently they refunded the cost.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:59 PM

Does anyone know a good body/paint shop in the area?

Old 11-12-2003, 03:11 PM

Sorry man, I am can't help because I just moved here from NJ.

Old 11-13-2003, 08:18 AM

A really good shop, especially for quality of paint application is Elite in Annapolis. They handle mostly Audis and Acuras. The one problem is that they're slow.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:42 AM
cSc

I went to Jim Coleman in search of a new car, and they kept giving me the runaround. A few of their sales guys were quite sleazy in the sense of they kept on wanting to get me into a car with options I didn't want or options it didn't have that I wanted.

Also, they gave me a full runaround with the fully refundable deposit. Once I tried to get my deposit back, they would keep telling me that they have refunded it, but in reality, they didn't. I placed many calls to the dealer and didn't get a reply back. I tried calling the general manager and he was just as useless. I ended up having my credit card company fix the issue after 2 months!!!

I also reported them to the BBB to at the least have my complaint documented somewhere.

I will *never*, ever use them again. To this day, I always refer people who ask me about the G to either Rosenthal or Passport.

Much nicer sales ppl there.

--cSc

--
2003 G35c 6MT | CB/Graphite | Premium | Aero | Tinted Windows | Aluminum Pedals

Old 12-30-2003, 10:55 AM

Jim Coleman should be selling Kia's. Their pushy "how can we close this deal today" attitude is not acceptable. Passport is definitly the way to go, since I started this thread I have taken everyones advice and bought a 6MT sedan from Passport Infiniti. Ahmed Haleim is the internet sales manager, and he was by far the best salesman of the three dealers I visited. I highly reccomend anyone looking for a Infiniti or Nissan to contact him at ahaleim@passportinfiniti.com.

Old 12-30-2003, 03:02 PM

I agree. Ahmed's the man!

It's here!!! '04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Leather/Premium

Old 01-02-2004, 12:18 AM

I just got my 2004 G35 coupe from Jim Coleman Infiniti dealer. The services was great and the deal was awesome. I could recommend Jim Coleman Infiniti to anyone. At the time that I was there the selections for a G35 coupe was available for anyone walking in to choose a pick. High 5 to Jim Coleman Infiniti.

Old 01-02-2004, 08:56 AM

Maybe they heard about this post and how people were complianing about them and decided to change their attitude

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jim Coleman Infiniti Comments?