NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Jim Coleman Infiniti Comments?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 07:26 PM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jim Coleman Infiniti Comments?

Dealers can be day & night!!! I hate my local dealer, as of now.
Back in March, I looked and looked, they were so nice, but didn't have any coupes to offer. June they had what I wanted but wouldn't deal. Other dealers were saying about 500 off, (Dayton, Cinncinatti) so I waited. Later when Pittsburgh was going to give me 1600 over invoice, I went back to Dublin Infiniti and they were down right asses!!! I swore I'd never go back, I got a better deal at dayton and I'm happy.

Long story short, the same dealership can give a whole range of experience. That's what I noice. I went back to Dublin right before my G came in and, they were nice, wanted to sell me a car, match the price, throw some extra $hit in, but Dayton was nice from the get go so they got my money.

Coleman made promises they never lived up to, I guess they didn't take me seriously since I was from Ohio, Dauglas did, but Dayton matched them and was closer!

Just my two cents....

"Yes you can say it...... I'm a post *****!" :-)

Old 01-04-2004, 08:59 PM

I've also had problems with Jim Coleman Infiniti. Jim Coleman Infiniti practice fraud. They lie and deceive their customers. If you've had trouble with Jim Coleman Infiniti, please don't hesitate to call the Infiniti Consumer Affairs. With enough phone calls from from consumers like us, they're contract with Infiniti will not be renewed. Their General Sales Manager, Nathan B. Whitfield is also a lyer.

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Sedan

Old 01-11-2004, 12:11 PM

I didn't like Nate either. Wanted me to buy a car that was way out of budget saying "Just don't go out to the bars and have as much beer one or 2 weekends a month".

Sorry pal, it's my decision how I spend my money and what I'm comfortable with.

Ended up getting a much better deal in NJ from Ray Catena. No pressure and a very good 1st salesman. When, on the 1st visit we decided the price was too high and we had to "think about it", the salesman was very good and just said "if there's anything we can do, let us know". That's what I like - not too pushy to buy today.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by mbryda on 01/11/04 09:14 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-21-2004, 02:46 PM
National G Club

Well, I just cancelled my order with Jim Coleman today and requested my deposit back (Another dealer is able to get me the G35 I wanted ALOT sooner). Salesman said he'll get the refund done and mail me the credit slip. The countdowns on! Ill be keeping a close eye on my CC acct to see if theres been a credit done.

Ill post the results here.

Old 01-22-2004, 09:59 AM

I remember my experience with Jim Coleman Infiniti and it wasn't good either. I went in looking for a new Q45 and no one seemed to want to help me out. After about 10 minutes, I left the showroom and will probably not go back there anymore.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:10 AM
National G Club

Just wanted to post an update. JC was pretty quick about doing my deposit refund. Just checked my CC online and the credit is on there. Id say it took about 2 days after I cancelled the order. Not too bad

Old 01-29-2004, 01:11 AM

JIM coleman told me the same thing abbout not cutting any deals since they are such a high volume dealer and they dont need to cut deals to sell cars. I went they tried to sell me a blue coupe that i did not want and at a price that they were not willing to negotiate. I ended up buying my coupe from competion Infiniti in smithtown NY they had the coupe i wanted and they were very willing to make a deal !! also they had a big selection , the best part was i didnt even have to drive there to deal with them did the whole deal over the phone and i am vaery happy.I get my IP/at/nav/prem/aero/18's coupe on SAT cant wait

Old 02-10-2004, 01:56 PM

I bought my G35x from them on Jan. 31. Dealing with the sales guy there (Mike Pratti) went smoothly, particularly since I was a VPP customer. However, since then everything else went down hill.

The finance guys (Nash and Christine) are snakes. Christine assured me I was getting the most competitive offer on the lease as a VPP customer. After I signed the deal, I discovered with some due dilligence that she had marked up the IFS lease significanlty. I tried confronting her and Nash over the next few days but they avoided all my calls. After complaints to Infiniti Corporate and my wife going over to the dealer accusing them of fraud, they agreed to cancel my lease (they admitted they marked up the lease but also said they would not offer to me what IFS was offering for a lease. I ended up switching over to a purchase since they agreed to give me the 2.9% finance offer).

My problems, however, did not end there. The next thing I had to deal with is their so called "service" department. A few days after getting my car I noticed a high pitch buzzing noice coming from the car when it was off . A week after I bought the car, the car died (presumably the buzzing noise was something drawing power from the car when it was off). I jumped the car and called the dealer to say I was bringing it over. The receptionist said they were all booked and that they could not help me. I then spoke to the GM (Bill Bell) who routed me to Kevin Yahner (the service GM) who told me to bring my car in. I drove it over there and after about an hour, he said that they had recharged the battery but could not hear the noise and did not see anything wrong with the car. Once I drove it back home I heard the noise again and decided I would try to do something during the following week. However, the next day the car was dead again and would not jump start. I had it towed to back to Jim Coleman and I called my sales rep (Pratti) who said he would take care of it the next day. On Monday, not hearing from service I called Kevin Yahner. He said that it was in the shop and that they would take a look at it. Around 4:00 pm I tried calling Kevin back to find out what they found and if the car would be ready. I was told Kevin was on the phone so I left a voicemail. Still not hearing from him (or anyone else) I called back and 4:45 and 5:15, but both times I was told Kevin was on the phone. When I called back a 5:30, I was told that Kevin had left for the day. I was finally routed to someone in service who said that they had to order a new part for the car (Body Control Module), but that they had no loaner to give me. I called Pratti back to complain and thankfully he was able to get me a loaner.

The next day (today) not hearing back from service to find out if my car would be ready today, I tried calling Kevin and Dennis Moore around noon. Dennis finally called me back (after I told the receptionist that she was to personally deliver the message). Dennis called back to say that it was the Body Control Module, but that the part would not be in until Thursday or Friday. Dennis said that he did not know why a new car would have this problem and was surprised by it. He also added that service had not discovered the problem when I brought it in on that Saturday since the only thing that the weekend service guys know how to do is change the oil.

Kevin Yahner then called me back to tell me that they hear the noise but cannot tell where it is coming from (he said that it sounded like a small motor was running or that something may not be ground right). I told him that Dennis told me it was the Body Control Module. Kevin said he would check with the technician and get back to me. We will see when I get my car back. It doesn't sound like either of them know what is going on.

I guess it is time to start checking into the Lemon Laws in Maryland.

Old 02-15-2004, 02:45 PM

Finally got a hold of the GM -- Bill Bell. They replaced my car with a new G35x. Glad to put all of this frustration behind me now.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:00 AM

I also want to add that in the end despite the frustrations, Jim Coleman did come through with me so I have to give them a thumbs up. If you are running into problems the key is to bring it to the attention of the GM -- Bill Bell who is very responsive to address any issues you might have. Also, their salesman - Mike Pratti -- is excellent. If you go to Coleman, make sure you deal with him.