NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Aggressive Driving Ticket in MD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aggressive Driving Ticket in MD

Ok I just got one of these on the way home.....and it is no joke. $355 fine and five points on the License. Cop said I was speeding, following to close, and making unsafe lane changes. I never saw him in my rear view until he had his lights on so he must have been a good ways behind me. He never told me how much I was speeding so I'm not sure if he checked it with radar. .....Anyone know anything about these tickets? Should I go to court? Any possible defenses? Somebody help this is gonna kill my insurance premiums!

2003.5 G35S, 6MT, BLACK ON BLACK
35% TINT
CLEAR CORNERS

Old 12-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Re: Aggressive Driving Ticket in MD

Dude,

That sucks! I hope I don't get one of those since by those guidelines I'm constantly aggressive. I've never heard of one of these but I'll ask my friend (his brother is a cop). If I were you I'd go to court. How's your record? You can probably go to court, say you're sorry, and get PBJ.

I have to go to court in February for a speeding ticket I got while on Probation. I'm screwed! I would suggest that you maybe do what I did. I went and took a driver improvement course. If you do that before you go to court (and before a judge orders you to) that might be points in your favor. A good place is www.widmeyer.com. You can register and take the online classes for free and they you ONLY pay when you take the test. So, should you decide not to take the test you won't have lost any money.

BTW, I didn't forget about you and the windows. You would have to purchase an aftermarket system to get the windows to roll up. You (probably) can't do it with the OEM alarm system even with a window module. You need to find a system (remote start or otherwise) that has a positive validity output (i.e., you have to hold the buttons down to get it to work). Then my buddy can do it. Hope this helps. PM me if you need anything else.

Old 12-01-2003, 07:49 PM

were you driving the way the cop mentioned? you deserve the ticket. =]

Old 12-01-2003, 09:11 PM

were you trying to be funny?.......**** off

35% TINT
CLEAR CORNERS

Old 12-01-2003, 09:38 PM

Where in Md were you?

Bozz
6MT Laser Red w/ prem.

Old 12-01-2003, 09:59 PM

looks like black will lose! i hope you eat that ticket for the **** off comment. it's real simple. if you were driving that way, you deserve the ticket. i was not trying to be nasty nor funny in my post. don't be angry at me that you got caught ya know? that's your fault.

i suppose i'll hear "if you have no advice, don't bother posting." asking here will do you no good because we do not know the exact circumstances. all we know is what you posted which could, of course, be far from the truth (who knows). speak to the prosecutor at court and strike a deal, he'll tell you what to do. that's the best advice i have. i'll go **** off now if it makes you feel more comfortable. *cries like a baby*

Old 12-02-2003, 08:44 AM

I know this has been said before but there has been a sort of decline in the quality of posts around here (this is not an attack on you Serum). People post and are simply looking for a little sympathy and maybe some advice but sometimes they get smart @$$ replies or people on white horses who condemn them for speeding or driving aggressively. I highly doubt the people that are berating others for speeding or driving aggressively haven't done it themselves in there own cars at one time or another. I find it hard to believe that their **** doesn't stink. Short of Jesus Christ himself EVERYBODY'S **** stinks.

What can I say? A plead for more constructive posts.

Old 12-02-2003, 09:10 AM

Definately go to court but first your allowed to postpone your court date three times in this state. I would suggest doing that and even if you go to court that 3rd time and the cop does show up tell the judge this was your first offense and what not and more than likely he'll give you pbj. Don't worry about that fine so much as those points, cause if they stick your car ins. will skyrocket. I got caught doing 78 in a 25 in OC back in may, my first offense. Fortunately for me the cop lowered it to 29 over so I wouldn't of gone to jail for wreckless driving. Anyway he didn't show after the 3rd postponement and I got off. Good Luck!!

~B

Old 12-02-2003, 12:03 PM

You have to be careful when you postpone your court date. Unless you have a real good reason then the cop doesn't like it and the judge doesn't like it.

I was suppose to go to court in Nov for my 2nd speeding ticket but I postponed it b/c I thought I was going to be out of town on business but then my trip got yanked. Now I'm scheduled for February.

Old 12-02-2003, 07:28 PM

Serum: First off you are the biggest "bundle of sticks" ive encountered on this forum so far. I love how just because people post to an online forum from behind their computer screen they think they can be a smarta$$. I doubt you really act like that in real life cause if you did somebody would have made you eat your words by now. But since you are in the online world you can pretend to be that funny, witty guy you always wished you were, when in fact you are just a big loser.

1phatg35 and startertan: thanks for the advice guys, im already formulating a strategy to beat this thing.

35% TINT
CLEAR CORNERS

Old 12-02-2003, 08:26 PM

I take absolutely no offense to anything whatsoever in reality. I took at is a dumb post, so made a dumb reply.

Yes, I'm just a "loser" behind my screen. How could I not know something like that would be posted in reply to what I posted? That's my whole entire point....

Old 12-02-2003, 09:20 PM

I wish people took personal attacks to PM. This way we can all continue enjoying this forum .

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 12-02-2003, 11:31 PM

During rush hour, millions of people could potentially get reckless driving ticket. Talking bout sudden lane change, nose to nose tail gating. In fact my car almost got hit, by this dump truck but luckly the car behind me got hit and almost touched my rear bumper. anyhow. I'm just wondering how cops know how fast i'm driving without using radar or laser.
Last time I got pulled over, My V-1 didn't even turn on but the cop said I was doing 75mph on I695. But in fact I was only doing 65. I'm like that BS! Where is the proof? In the cops head.? haha. he just gave me a warning and let me go.

Nuttin chillin in da holydae in

Old 12-03-2003, 08:05 AM

It seems to me that everyone drives recklessly nowadays. I myself am also 'guilty' of this. I speed, I change lanes, and drive somewhat aggressively but usually no more than the next guy.

One morning I was driving to work and a guy in an Acura legend is coming up behind me fast and like a courteous driver I get out of his way. I then proceed to watch him ride up on other people, slam his brakes, and change lanes very VERY aggressively. I was content to think he was just an a-hole till I saw him pass someone on the right hand shoulder! At that point I decided to call the cops on him but he took an exit and was gone. That guy was nuts.

As for cops, it's your word against their's. Who's a judge going to believe?