NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Sobriety Check Point

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="370" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=88a_1185847083">< param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=88a_1185847083">< param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="quality" value="high"></object>

be careful

Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by killerlexus
they set it up. so that YOU CANT turn off. plus there are sooooo many statey's that making a u turn will probably trigger a cop to come after you. this is not a couple of cops setting up a road block. it looks like THE WHOLE barracks is there. with the mobile crime scene truck and many many spot lights to light up the immediate area with big flashing sign "SOBRIETY CHECK POINT".

+1 thats mobile unite truck is huge, i actully got to look inside and WOW there is alot of computers with printers and other goodies, i mean this thing is amp'ed and central a/c lol

Old 07-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that sounds illegal to me. Unlawful search. By allowing a turn off anyone that's too drunk will panic and miss it anyway.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
+1. on that Castro. The cops are out everywhere though. THe bicycle unit is rolling 20 deep and they even have some of the officers ridding through "the hood" on horses. Imagine getting your quarter kicked by a horse

Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned
how did u get a look inside that mobile crime scene unit? i hope it was a friendly tour.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:40 PM

how did u get a look inside that mobile crime scene unit? i hope it was a friendly tour.

yea it was a friendly vistit, i use to work for us customs at logan airpoprt and did so for 8years before i moved to london for 3 month which i was going to stay there but it just wasnt for me

but anyways you should see whats in there, its like a mini war room

bullet proof vest
riot gear
shotguns
ammo
computers
printers
sattilite
central a/c
nice swivle chairs
camera's that look around the outside of the mobile vehicle

man i dont even want to know how much these cost

Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
The checkpoints are legal under federal and Mass law. It is a "community care-taking" event, so the courts ruled that you being briefly stopped is not an unlawful seizure. They only wave you into the lot to perform the tests if there's any indication of alcohol. If not, they just hand you a flier about seatbelts or whatever and send you on your way.

We did one in a town I used to work for last summer. It is quite the operation. That truck is the BAT mobile, it has 2 brethalizers, a full booking system, jail cells, etc. It is just for these checkpoints.

MSP BAT Website

They post on the MSP website where they are doing these checkpoints, that is a requirement.

The tests aren't that hard, and they evaluate more than just your balance. Each test has 6-12 different things they are looking for, and the test actually begins when they tell you to "stand with your feet together, arms to the side, I'm going to show you how to do the test". The test starts before most people realize it. Not following the instructions / starting too soon will get you a failure quicker than if you just can't balance.

If you encounter one of these checkpoints, just don't roll down your window. Keep that car air-tight, and shake your head when the Trooper offers you the little flier. They can not make you open your window, they can not force you to have an encounter with them if there is no reasonable suspicion that you're intoxicated.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned
so if I DONT ROLL DOWN MY WINDOW. wont he think its disrespectful and make me pull over? or is it MY RIGHT to not have contact with him? what if i pull up and he ask me to roll down the window? could i shake my head and give him a hello wave and preceed along?
i just want to know my rights. i have no problem rolling down my window and talking to a cop at a check point.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Wow that's interesting, makes sense though. So it's like a construction zone w/ a cop directing traffic basically... sneaky. Someone should try this refusal to roll down the window idea, that would be hilarious I don't argue that checkpoints catch people that shouldn't be on the road, but the second my rights are lightly stepped on I get pissed. Flat out refusing to let a cop search your car is a great feeling, lets them know that we know that they know what our rights are.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Hmmmmm yeah I wondered about that one myself....lol

Old 08-02-2007, 04:16 PM
More reason for them to pull you over and put their foot in your @ss....lol....j/k
so if I DONT ROLL DOWN MY WINDOW. wont he think its disrespectful and make me pull over? or is it MY RIGHT to not have contact with him? what if i pull up and he ask me to roll down the window? could i shake my head and give him a hello wave and preceed along?
i just want to know my rights. i have no problem rolling down my window and talking to a cop at a check point.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:23 PM
to fail a breathalyzer test on 1 beer is impossible. for an average 180lb man, it would usually take 4 beers within an hour to blow over a .08(standard level for dui in most places). if they go buy walking straight lines and stuff and you fail after one beer thats just sad. but in most cases you should ask for a blood test

Old 08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Scootch
honestly it only takes 1 beer to get a dui of course this varies with peoples weight and hieght, but normally its around 1 beer and its a shame, but it does cut down on the people who get dui's frequenly i guess

No it doesn't lol.

One night we were out with the SlayerZ and we took a breathlizer from a car. One of my buddies installs these into cars, and you're suppose to blow into it every 15 minutes to make sure you are sober etc.. (for DUI'rs) and we had a few Coronas in the install bay.. It takes a good amount to get it to ping

Old 08-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by burns420
to fail a breathalyzer test on 1 beer is impossible. for an average 180lb man, it would usually take 4 beers within an hour to blow over a .08(standard level for dui in most places). if they go buy walking straight lines and stuff and you fail after one beer thats just sad. but in most cases you should ask for a blood test
You can ask for a blood test, but thats not instead of a breath test. You either take the breath test or not. once you're released you have the option, at your own expense, to get a comparison blood test. You have the right to immediate bail if you request to be released for a comparison blood test. Regardless, that test will only be admissible during the trial, and will have NO impact on your license suspension as a result of either blowing .08 or over, or refusal.

And if you can't walk the line after 1 beer, regardless of your blood-alcohol level, you can still be convicted. The law is ".08 OR intoxicated" at .08, you are PRESUMED INTOXICATED, regardless of how you "appear", and at trial the judge will instruct the jury that if it is .08, they MUST find him guilty (doesn't mean they always listen). "Intoxicated" means you're motorskills are inhibited to the point that you can not safely operate a m/v, so if you're a one-beer-queer, you may only "blow" a .03, but if you're falling down, you're guilty.
It is NOT hard at ALL to get jammed up for OUI, so just be smart out there guys... it's not worth it at alllllll

Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
More reason for them to pull you over and put their foot in your @ss....lol....j/k
And those troopers wear those big boots up to the knee... and they don't provide the lube either.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sobriety Check Point